X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DazMode is slow?

Hi guys,

I've got an little odd comment today with one of my orders:

your website is always super slow! I've bought quite a bit of stuff but I personally know quite a few people that won't buy anything because it's soooo slow. Maybe something to look at.

I know that when Canada Post site is failing, checkout page may be slow on shipping/payment option page (till request times out), but other than that there should be no issues. Whole site is on dedicated server, so there is no shortage on computing power.

Anybody also think or experience site being slow?

Feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by DazMode; 09-09-2014, 04:08 PM.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Hmm, I haven't browsed the site in some time, since I'm beyond poor right now, but I always found it slow too. That never stopped me from shopping on it, but I've never found the site to be quick, even if browsing the site was the only thing my internet connection was doing. It always seemed slow in displaying the left pane menu options. I'll check it out when I'm off work to see if that's still the case.

Comment

Can't say I find it slow unless I'm surfing from my phone.

Never slow with my home broadband
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I have had no issues with the site .

Comment

No issues with the website here. When I browse the products and navigate from page to page I have no real downtime
          Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
          Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
          Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
          Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
          Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
          Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

TBH Sometimes i find it take 10-15 seconds to respond to what i've selected in the menu.

Not exactly slow but on average takes longer to navigate than any other site.

Site is accesible and responsive just not snappy and fast.

But i imagine that is to be expected because you aren't a multi-million dollar corporation.
            Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
            Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Originally posted by Neo182 View Post
              TBH Sometimes i find it take 10-15 seconds to respond to what i've selected in the menu.
              Which menu exactly?

Comment

Strange I find it faster than most other PC modding cooling stores. FrozenCPU, Performance-pcs MNPCTECH etc
                I won't even mention how slow the Bitspower site is. Now that's slow.

Comment

I would like to extend everyones test of DazMode site speed.
                  If you are using or have been using the secure site
                  https://www.dazmode.com
                  , please try surfing the site using
                  http://www.dazmode.com

This is the unsecured version of the site and will allow your browsers to store cache pages of the site to increase your browsing pleasure.
                  The secure part should automatically be used for any purchase transactions.

Comment

if we don't talk about Canada post,
                    no, seem to be OK

maybe when you add something to the cart, the top Green bar """added 2 items XXXXXXXX to your card""""
                    can take a little bit more time

Comment

It seems pretty good for me from home. There's a slight delay when you first load the imbedded videos in some parts, but that's to be expected.

Comment

is there a browser and/or version the store is optimized for?
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

I'll record a video example. One moment.
                          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

As Hooded states browsing the HTTP site over the secure one is a tad bit faster - The site seems more responsive today though.

Comment

Video was a good idea!

With amount of build-in animation, graphics and embedded content I, personally, do not see anything worrisome. I even think that if somebody get pissed over 2 sec delay, I rather do not have this person as customer.

Canada Post server failures are much more annoying as timeout is about 15 sec and there no clear visual indication what is happening, while page is waiting for response.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X