Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 1080ti blocks

I know that questions are coming....

1. So far not a single vendor provided any info on blocks. Perhaps nVidia kept advance samples close chested, as there were no pre-orders before release date.

2. Yes, I will stock GTX1080ti blocks

3. Due to vacation store closure, earliest availability past March 20th.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

That's great.

I got a question for you? Which brands are ok with you disassembling the GPU without voiding warranty? Or do you always risk it when putting blocks on GPU with any and every brand?

Comment

Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
      That's great.

I got a question for you? Which brands are ok with you disassembling the GPU without voiding warranty? Or do you always risk it when putting blocks on GPU with any and every brand?
      I don't know about the 10 series cards, but with the 980 TIs I know Gigabyte aftermarket PCB cards didn't have warranty void stickers on them. I was able to rip apart my G1 Gaming cards completely and could most likely get away with warrantying them by putting the stock coolers back on if I needed to.

Having said that, I'm sure if you actually told them that you put a water block on them they would likely void your warranty, but who in their right mind would do that .

The only other company that might be OK with you putting water blocks on their cards would be EVGA, but I haven't had any of their cards in a while so that's just speculation.

Comment

That's great.

The only risk .. is that you didn't pay close attention, and bought the wrong block for your card.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

EK Water Blocks, is pleased to announce that the existing EK-FC Titan X Pascal series water blocks are compatible with the GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti, NVIDIA’s new flagship gaming GPU.

This means 1080ti and Titan XP share the same PCB.

Comment

EVGA still cover warranty if you remove the air cooler , no sticker

I know some Gigabyte don't have sticker

and Asus have but can honor the warranty if the issue is not related to the fact you remove the air cooler but they cant refuse it

but, if you have access to the screw with the sticker, its very easy to remove with a rubber band and plier, just remember where the sticker was

Comment

Thanks.

Noob at Water cooling here. Interesting how cool the card is though just on air. From what I saw 66C so the card would probably run in the 30's on water hey?

Has there ever been blocks for Zotac cards?
              Last edited by MemBusX; 03-04-2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Zotac cards are mostly reference design. But there is always acceptions to the rule. Blocks for GPU's need to be researched in order to ensure your picking the proper one for the card.
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Ok just asking because I've always had good experience with Zotac but always ran air. I mean I could always just get the Zotac Arctic Storm

https://www.zotac.com/ca/product/gra...80-ARCTICSTORM

If they come out with ti version

Then again. I might need an air card so I can use it until CPU platform upgrade a little down the road

Comment

Can people with 1080TI post on here if their specific card have warranty stickers? Please specify your card and model.

Comment

https://www.ekwb.com/news/existing-e...e-gtx-1080-ti/
                      X79 | 3930k 4.803Ghz | 16GB Samsung 30nm 2227Mhz | GTX TITAN 1255Mhz | Corsair 600T | OC.Net

Comment

EK announced a few blocks

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-bloc...tx-10x0-series

Comment

yeh milking extra cash from new engraving style, will get some when available

Comment

I'll wait till you do. I'm thinking the Zotac Blower 1080 ti with Reference PCP board so I have a good choice in Blocks. I'll keep an eye on your stock Daz Thank you.

Is my Thinking flawed when I say "Good choice in blocks" for reference cards?

Comment

Reference cards always have the largest support/selection for blocks. All manufacturers make a block for the Reference/Founders cards.
                              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
                              X