GTX 1080ti blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack_l2 View Post
    Can people with 1080TI post on here if their specific card have warranty stickers? Please specify your card and model.
    Mine has a warranty void sticker on it... it is a EVGA FE card. I actually have not even opened the box yet since I have everything else in parts and drained still. But there is a little window in the box and you can see the sticker through it. It appears to be on the backplate which pisses me off because even if I wasn't going to put a water block on it I wouldn't want that sticker obviously plastered on the backplate in plain site.

I'll verify the positioning and post a picture when I have a chance to actually open the thing, and see if there is a screw or anything else below it.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

Hey Izerous,

I have the 1080 ACX 3.0 which is custom cooler with reference PCB. Even though in North America that "warranty void" sticker is not important, I'll let you know how I get it off, as it's on my back plate as well. I think it will probably just be some careful heat gun and thin razor blade process. I think snef said he's done it that way too.
      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

I did finally open the box and it looks like there is an indentation where the sticker was supposed to be placed... it is in the middle of the backplate and is only overlapping a screw head by 1-2mm so I should be able to get the screw out to replace the cooler with a waterblock without damaging the sticker. It is one of those ones with the little cuts in it too that never come off in one piece even when your careful.
        Corsair 800D
        2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
        Software Developer

Comment

Hi Daz,

Any idea of when Aquacomputer Nickle Plated blocks will be available for the Titan X Pascal/1080 Ti?

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by sexpot View Post
            Hi Daz,

Any idea of when Aquacomputer Nickle Plated blocks will be available for the Titan X Pascal/1080 Ti?

Regards,
            i not even looking at those anymore, takes forewer to get.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
              i not even looking at those anymore, takes forewer to get.
              No kidding, lol! The search continues

Comment

Working...
              X