Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Filter question

Guys question about site functionality:

Do you use Product filter located in right column top? Would you be sad if I remove it?

Example page with filter: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...ng/reservoirs/
    Last edited by DazMode; 06-12-2018, 09:17 PM.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Using a standard computer I have no trouble at all seeing the filter. Not sure about phones and tablets as I don't shop on tiny screens.

I admit it took a bit to get on to using it. Once I figured it out though it's fine.
    I don't like not seeing all the categories from the menu like it used to be, but then whats life without change.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      Using a standard computer I have no trouble at all seeing the filter. Not sure about phones and tablets as I don't shop on tiny screens.

I admit it took a bit to get on to using it. Once I figured it out though it's fine.
      I don't like not seeing all the categories from the menu like it used to be, but then whats life without change.
      My meaning was if this filter worth keeping on site?

I'm looking to trim all unnecessary fat to make the site work faster.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I would say that the filter is a crucial part.
        I find it the best way to surf the store.

Comment

Probably the best way to speed up your store is to go through the images and make them web site ready.

Meaning a checked the physical size of some of the images on the start menu, a thumbnail that is being displayed at 65 x 43 px or thereabouts is actually a 1620px x 1080px image over 300kb in size.

All those images are causing a huge load on the server Resizing and serving them up. each thumbnail should be about 10kb max.

Optimizing the images on your site, in general, will give you the most bang for your time.
          It's a dirty deed, especially if not done correctly from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post

I agree Hooded. Everything works for me when using a PC. When visiting the store on a tablet, (Surface RT) I have to use the filter feature because the "Categories" button doesn't respond. Maybe I don't wait long enough for it to respond. I don't use the "sliding value scale" part of the product filter

This is on a PC and using the "Categories" button. Everything works well and is fast. (Using Chrome)

This Is on Surface RT that can only use Internet Explorer.

If I use the "List View" button, it looks like this.

Since I could be the only one visiting the store with a Surface RT, this could all not matter. Maybe someone with a real tablet could offer their results.

The SLOB : A 3570K Build
            Down & Out : A 2600K Build
            V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

IE is still the main browser in many corporations. Even at hydro I've been upgraded to windows 10 but they make IE the default browser. This is not uncommon for large industries.

The reason is most corporations don't like to redo their intranet code to keep up with the latest coding conventions.
              Security changes come into play as well.

Comment

Working...
              X