DazMode Store Rev 6 - suggestion box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DazMode Store Rev 6 - suggestion box

I admit that November migration to store rev5 was a fail. The developer I selected for the job did not deliver what was expected of him, and I discovered a lot of mediocre work in the last couple weeks with the help of my new lead developer.

Sometimes easier to make new than fix, many will agree.

On that note, work already started on rewrite store to Rev 6, and I would like to ask everybody to tell me what you dislike about store now. All suggestions will be reviewed and considered as part of Rev6 gradual roll out.

Don't hold it, spit it out!

Confirmed customer-facing improvements for Revision 6:

1. [Fix] Increase site speed functions
    2. [New] Minor pages redesign to accommodate new features. Three column layout is considered.
    3. [New] Redesign categories navigation and product filtering
    4. [Fix] Internet Explorer Compatibility
    5. [Fix] Newsletter subscription
    6. [Fix] Improve mobile browsing compatibility for tablets and phones

Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Hey Daz, are you maintaining the same product categories, or are you re-thinking that side too? I ask because I always thought the sub-categories for fans were rather useless IMO. I think you could just lump all fans together without the sub-categories, but that's just one mans opinion. Personally I find having less categories to look through makes shopping easier.

Comment

• DazMode
      DazMode commented
      Editing a comment
      Bart,

Categories are just something you configure as admin; it is not related to store software creation per say. Can be done right away.

Making smart categories is quite an art. If you have the suggestion on how to slice fans better, I will be happy to look at it and rename/re-do.

EDIT: little misread suggestion. Yes merging in one may make sense for the number of fans left.
      Last edited by DazMode; 07-06-2018, 03:27 PM.

Hey Daz, One of the things I liked about the old store was that when you hovered over a small image it would become magnified.

In the new store...
    #1....when you click on the show button, it would be nice if there was an "All" option because sometimes , as you know, you can end up with a lot of pages to go through.

#2....When you first open a product window, you get a default view. eg.

If you click on the "List View" button it changes the view for that page.

When you go to the next page, the view reverts back to default and you have to change the view again.

If it's possible, it would be nice if it remembered your selection, at least for that category.

The SLOB : A 3570K Build
    Down & Out : A 2600K Build
    V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

• DazMode
      DazMode commented
      Editing a comment
      1. I make a note about magnifying.

2. Other problems due to the badly made template which we will be trashing and replacing with something else. It is so bad, that it is not worth fixing.

Hi Daz,

I like that the old store had more filters for the products. It was easier to sort by Brand for example.

Comment

• DazMode
      DazMode commented
      Editing a comment
      Definetely. It is already number 3 on our list above. Wont be exactly as before, but same idea of fast jump.

I will be rolling out ver 6.0 next week and will do some more incremental changes based on feedback. It will have massive imprivement for mobile and better navigation/filtering on desktop. Visually will be similar, altho it was rewritten from scratch.

Comment

Suggestion 1) I guess it would be nice if you could add some metadata do your products when we use the search engine. For exemple, I'm looking for 90° white fittings.

Suggestion 2) I don't think the "Bargain" section should have sub-categories. Again, if you add metadata (and show these metadata/tags) in the product, you will know they are for exemple an open-box

Suggestion 3) It would be nice if you could redirect us to the custom build page on the forum when we click on a custom build photo

Suggestion 4) If you can fix the performance issue, then I wouldn't limit the number of products showed on a page
      Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

Based on your feddback re-arranged FANS, LIGHTS and CASES categories.

Comment

Image pop-up on mouse roll-over as it used to be in old store will be recreated. Most likely in release 6.01.

Comment

Working...
          X