Suggestion: Hardware Labs Radiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Hardware Labs Radiators

Hardware labs are only doing B2B. So far there isnt an official retailer in Canada. Buying one from amazon.ca cost 230% more than from amazon.com or PPCS in U.S.
    performance and craftsmanship wise, they are many enthusiast’s favorite.
    please consider it

I'll second this. Ended up buying my rad out of PPCS because I was pretty set on the 280GTS. Exchange / Shipping / Duty was a kick in the nuts.

Comment

Isn't the USD getting really bad right now? Which would make it a good time to buy from the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
        Isn't the USD getting really bad right now? Which would make it a good time to buy from the US?
        If you count a CC exchange rate dropping from 1.4 to 1.37 good.

Credit cards and paypal tack additional percentage onto the exchange rate as a fee for processing the exchange. Our Cnd currency isn't exactly steller right now either.
        Last edited by SaulGoodMan; 08-09-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Well, yeah it might sound little but if you purchase for a couple hundreds, it does make a more significant difference. I haven't ordered from ppcs since that mess started up and with what that stupid Trump guy is doing to the import/export with us right now, i bet things have gotten worse. Ordering from ppcs used to be very cheap even with shipping cost. Would those fees have increased since?

Comment

Well, yeah it might sound little but if you purchase for a couple hundreds, it does make a more significant difference. I haven't ordered from ppcs since that mess started up and with what that stupid Trump guy is doing to the import/export with us right now, i bet things have gotten worse. Ordering from ppcs used to be very cheap even with shipping cost. Would those fees have increased since?
            Shipping costs were reasonable (but again in US funds), and the duty / gst was about an extra $30. In the end is was a $150 ish US dollar value order that landed me at around $260 Cdn delivered. Exchange / Shipping / Duty / Tax, it all adds up pretty quick.

And yeah with everything going on in the US right now, I would have much rather spend that money with Daz. But it was just a couple specific items that Daz didn't sell I got from them. The HW Labs 280GTS and a Monsoon Series Two D5 Bay res. Everything else I bought from Daz.

Anything bay related is going the way of the dinosaur, so I'm not advocating for Daz to start picking those up. But the Hardware Labs Rads are the best ones out there.

Comment

Yeah i know. They are good rads but i would never pay that much eh. I use to order a lot from ppcs after ncix went bankrupt because they got hacked and lots of personal info were lost. I didn't know about Daz at that time so everything was from either ppcs or corsair... Corsair made me mad to many time so no more shopping from them and like you said, shipping cost got ridiculous to order from the US. Then discovered Dazmode like a lil over a year from now and not buying from anywhere else now.

It sure would be a nice addition to the shop if customers could get those. Along with a couple other parts like Barrow but Daz doesn't like cheap chinese product haha. And i think it's understandable. Maybe one day we will see those radiators here but until then, i'm afraid it's either pay the big price or go for a replacement.

Comment

If not Hardware labs at least Corsair rads (Hwl oem), Corsair's store is insanely slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyn View Post
                  If not Hardware labs at least Corsair rads (Hwl oem), Corsair's store is insanely slow.
                  You know the gts series are not that great right? It's the ones corsair use. Beside, the performance differences between all those radiators is soo small It's almost not even worth mentioning. The rads Daz is selling are quite fine. Perso, I would not bother trying to get Corsair stuff. But it's Daz to decide that, not me haha

Comment

You know the gts series are not that great right? It's the ones corsair use. Beside, the performance differences between all those radiators is soo small It's almost not even worth mentioning. The rads Daz is selling are quite fine. Perso, I would not bother trying to get Corsair stuff. But it's Daz to decide that, not me haha
                    Speaking for availability and nothing else, it's very hard to find radiators (Especially HWL/Corsair). It could be easier to get the rebrand then the actual thing.
                    Last edited by Wyn; 05-01-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Speaking for availability and nothing else, it's very hard to find radiators (Especially HWL/Corsair). It could be easier to get the rebrand then the actual thing.
                      The HWL GTS line and Corsair are actually not really hard to get. I see em all the time on Amazon. The Nemesis GTX line is another story tho. They are occasionally on Amazon but rarely the size you'd be looking for. It's not very lucrative to sell Corsair stuff from what I've heard when I still had my repair shop. Maybe things got better, I don't know. In worse case, you can always look at ppcs stocks.

Comment

The HWL GTS line and Corsair are actually not really hard to get. I see em all the time on Amazon. The Nemesis GTX line is another story tho. They are occasionally on Amazon but rarely the size you'd be looking for. It's not very lucrative to sell Corsair stuff from what I've heard when I still had my repair shop. Maybe things got better, I don't know. In worse case, you can always look at ppcs stocks.
                        Had to resort to mostly ebay when looking for XR5's, getting a lil offtopic though.

Comment

The hwl oem stuff like corsair rads are very well priced i will say.
                          I bought one as temporary rad because my gtr360 was dirty/corroding and i spent long time cleaning up the optimus gpu and cpu block. 150Cad is great deal for xr7 360mm.

I didn’t want to spend much while i wait to get my hands on heatkiller new internal radiators.

Comment

Had to resort to mostly ebay when looking for XR5's, getting a lil offtopic though.
                            Meanwhile the pricing for heatkiller new internal radiators are very affordable. If you can get 400euro order in, your looking at prices that rival corsair xr5/xr7 on amazon.ca. Question is how well do they perform. If they can do GTS (30mm) but with lot lower resistance than i call that an major win.

Comment

Sadly, heatkiller rads are not that great. But yeah, the difference between all those radiators is marginal so if you get a good price for them, then yeah it can be a good investment.

Comment

Working...
                              X