X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayhems Tubing and Coolant compatibility guide

Reposted from Modzoo.

You'll notice mostly what this says about PETG.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

I never lobby for this around here, but this should be a sticky.

Very useful information for n00bs like me.

Thanks BungZ!
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Good chart, altho nothing new here

Acrylic rocks, petg suck. Flex mileage vary.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Update.

Mic says, "NOT ALL PETG IS EQUAL"

HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Good to have this laying around. Could you add other liquid cooling products to that chart ? It would be fun to have a complete list of tubing/liquid compatibility to more than Mayhems products (Feser, Dazmode protector, EK Cryofuel, Thermaltake C1000, ...) .

Comment

I was surprised to see that DarkSide PETG was better chemical resistance, that I was anticipated.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by Virgule View Post
              Good to have this laying around. Could you add other liquid cooling products to that chart ? It would be fun to have a complete list of tubing/liquid compatibility to more than Mayhems products (Feser, Dazmode protector, EK Cryofuel, Thermaltake C1000, ...) .
              The tests are entirely performed by Mayhems exclusively, so I doubt they would be willing to spend the time on studying liquids other than their own.

but ya, great idea and well needed.

perhaps we can find a way to get Mic to share his methodology to perform our own inquires.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

EEK!
                I dunno if i got a bad batch, but mayhems x1 premix stained my ekwb HD (acrylic) tubing.

First I had, dye particle fall out / separation, i had to tear down my recent / newest build after building it. Mixing x1 UV was not advised apparently... Although i had 2 other bottles that had no issues prior and ran it for well over a year....

I tore it down again (decided to work on another project) and with another bottle of X1 that I had, (this time strained 3 times) after a week new ekwb HD tubing had some significant staining....

Take my experience with a grain of salt, could have been bad batches of mayhems that I bought, could have been an issue with the acrylic...

All i can say is EKWB support is exceptional, they offered replacements without me even asking.. was just inquiring about compatibility. As for Mayhems support, they seemed indifferent, but at the same time I guess they were too busy dealing with their own issues, they got flooded and all i ended up with was radio silence... ah well
                Last edited by drunknfoo; 09-10-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Just wanting to confirm that Corsair XL5 (Coolant) in all colours work fine with Mayhems Soft Tubing.

Comment

Would be nice to have that list with other tubes like bitspower and other brands of coolants. Been search on google but no success.

Comment

Sorry I know its an old topic.
                      On the website page its say that the Xt-1 Nuke V2 is compatible with PETG just want to be sure before I put it in my loop. Also I bought the V2 but nothing on the bottle says V2 Just want to be sure its really the Xt-1 nuke v2 not the v1 I got.

Comment

Working...
                      X