Nvidia sheild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia sheild

Well got tired of the offerings from rogers in regards to cable, at first bought a 80 dollar box from amazon an abox 4k android, used for about a day then went and bought the more expensive nvidia sheild.
    Must say am impressed, haven't tried gaming on it yet, have a 1080/8 core setup in lr anyway so.
    Did however buy a 20 month sub for iptv and added a gearslive.com app to my box about 350 hd channels of usa, uk and sore lot of canadian content think it is like 20 channels. half sports.

Savings I upgraded the net at home

Was spending around 280/month net and cable now 150/month just for the net. GB down and 30 mbs up.
    Last edited by nass; 08-01-2018, 09:52 AM.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

label me jealous. That's a sweet connection! Thought I was doing well at 350 down/10 up. LOL

Nvidia shields are great. I regret getting rid of mine...

Comment

Indeed the NV Shield is still a hell of a good machine for streaming and gaming.

and if anyone else still has cable... cut the cord already.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Ya waited why to long
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

You don't have access to Bell in your area? Their fiber is typically much better. Here's my connection:

Comment

Has been a while since have checked but back then 5mb down was fastest they offered. Old building.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I wanted the original shield but they were always sold out. Always.
              My Imgur

Comment

Are you guys using VPN's when you get those speeds? I get 200 down and 15 up but when I use my VPN its 20 down and 15 up. Is that normal? Not that I noticed the speed difference. And I don't use one while gaming either.
                My Imgur

Comment

Me no VPN, wondered about the speed drop with them though that seems like way to much.
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                    Are you guys using VPN's when you get those speeds? I get 200 down and 15 up but when I use my VPN its 20 down and 15 up. Is that normal? Not that I noticed the speed difference. And I don't use one while gaming either.
                    That is way too much drop with a VPN. Depending on the VPN you are using your modem settings could be affecting your efficiency. I changed some of the proxy settings, security settings and port settings on my modem then made sure windows firewall wasn't being a butt and trying limit the VPN by blocking certain ports.
                    I pay for 150Mb Rogers Ignite and I went from 148 down 16 up to with VPN 141 down and 15 up.
                    Talk with your ISP to factory reset your modem settings and from there adjust what you need.

Comment

Thanks Torvich, I just played around with the settings on my VPN and now im getting 50 down, I will look into my modem later to see if I can't get more speed.
                      My Imgur

Comment

Depending on the VPN you use, it all depends on the location of the server you're connected too. Try a region, speed test, try a different region, speed test. You'll get very different results and depending on the time of day, some regions/servers have much higher or lower throughput than others.

Comment

Which VPN is best to use

Comment

Working...
                          X