Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10900 overclocks

Has anyone been ocing the new 10900 ?

Havent done it yet. The 10900k that is. Still need to go grab them from a friend store but from what i've read and seen, you can easely get it to 5.3 GHz with a max temp of 60ish celcius full load. Not sure about the voltages but should be a tiny bit higher than the 9900k. There is already quite a lot of vids on youtube if you want more info

Comment

Thanks Danny
      Trying to decide on a mobo. Leaning towards the Apex or Dark . Not sure what to do wish my unicorn 3950x. Running 16/4600M mhz .

Comment

What will the pc used for?

Comment

Sorry didn’t see your post . Just gaming I’m trying to get the maximum FPS on a lg 38 .

Comment

I cant seem to find any apex board right now. Maybe you'd have more luck than me. The Formula is a great mb too. Ever tought about getting one?

Comment

Newegg got the first shipment in and they were gone in a day from what I read. I’m going to try the monitor Monday on my buddy’s formula and 10900 with his 2080Ti ftw3 . On mine with the 3950x @4600mhz I’m lucky to break over a 100 FPS most times. Want to see if the 10900 well push me over the .100fps.

Ive read good things about the msi ace with 16 + 1 on the vrm and it’s got the fan blowing across its vram to keep it cool .

Comment

Msi is ok but cant troubleshoot if gpu go wrong because it has no integretated gpu support. I would use it if you have 10900kf which has no gpu. But for the 10900k, since it has gpu, would be better and easier to have a board with igpu.

For gaming, you should have a slight fps increase with the 10900k. Not much but à little. Temps should also be better To maintain over amd because it has better clock speed while gaming. Might help a bit also on loading speed. Nothing really remarkable but it's still better. I always liked the specs and performances on the Formula. A bit more expenssive than other boards but really worth it. Getting a higher grade than this one would just be overkill anyways.

Also, in my 25 years of work, i never loved or recommended gigabyte but recently gave it a second try and was really impressed at how they improved. The Aorus Master is the best board i have seen in the z390 series. No idea if it is still the same with the z490 because i know Asus fixed their stuff after the z390 big failure it was. If it's still as good, i would really recommend it after the Formula. MSI being at the bottom of the line sadly. To many features that are completely useless imo.

All this is just personal opinion based on my own testing and experience. While knowing everything can be completely different for someone else.
                Last edited by Danny79-Qc; 06-21-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I’m a huge Asus guy . My 7 year old is playing Minecraft and Fortnite on a p67 tuf mobo I bought years ago . I had the X570 Hero was good for ocing the 3900 and 3950 so decided to buy the formula that was a huge mistake I ended up trying the gigabyte extreme and love it. I’ll probably just wait out for the apex.

Comment

My last build which i had for like 7 years was an Asus P9X79 mb with i7 4930k (best 6 cores i have seen) those things were unkillable lol..Had it OC at 4.1GHz or 4.3.. cant remember correctly.. 128gb corsair dominator ram @ 2666mhz and 2 GTX titan black. I sold it a couple months ago. I tought upgrading it would give me better gaming experience but nope. It was running games smoother than my 2 Asus RTX 2080ti but i wanted ray tracing lol. For minecraft, Tomb Raider and Control. I really enjoy these but outside that i really regret my move. Even tho after almost 7 years i still sold it for close to 2000$, i really miss that beast. All i got is a little faster loading because of the cpu, mb and samsung 970 pro m.2 nvme. Anyways, what i want to say is, keep that rig you have for older games. Those builds were better than what we have right now in some way..

Comment

What do you think a fair price for a Amd 3950x cpu that can bench @ 16/4500 MHz and games @ 4600 MHz is worth ? Plus has ipr on it for another 18 months

Comment

Not sure but since it has been used and overclocked, i think it would reduce the price. But how much, i really dont know. Maybe people who uses these or sell builds with those would know better. There's a couple of good pc enthusiast group where you could get that kind of price check answer on Facebook and tweeter. Maybe Hooded or Daz could answer this better than me too. I'm in Montréal so prices are not the same as any other canadian provinces either. How much did you pay for it and was it new? How long it's been used and OC'ed? I can try to get some answer but i cant garantee anything.
                        Last edited by Danny79-Qc; 06-22-2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, it’s a really odd ball 3950x with it 16/4600 and being able to hit 3800 on the fsb . I have another one here I’m testing for buddy that one can only hit 16/4500 but it’s happiest @ 16/4400 with no real fsb Overclock. But there both from the first run. The newer ones I don’t think are binned as good

Comment

Working...
                          X