Painting and adding led to Scythe Ultra Kaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting and adding led to Scythe Ultra Kaze

I love those fans but they are plain. So I deceided to paint them and add some leds to them.
    The first thing, I follow Father Fuzzy's tutorial because I didn't know how to separate them. I broke 2 old fans before reading his tutorial
    Ryzen 5800X WC-Asus ROG Crosshair Vlll Impact X570--TForce Extremm 32 Gb (2X16 Gb) 3600-Sabrent Gen 4 500 Gb M.2-HP N550 1Tb M.2 -Asus Strix Gold 850watts -Phillips 328E1CA 4K 32 "-Windows 11 Pro.-Fractal Design Torrent Nano Dtx modded by Snef Computer design

I want to paint them orange because I'm changing my Bitfenix Shinobi XL from green to black and orange pumpkin.

Drilling the fan case to put the leds.

Reinstalling the fan s in their case

With the leds lighted. Voila!

Attached Files
    Ryzen 5800X WC-Asus ROG Crosshair Vlll Impact X570--TForce Extremm 32 Gb (2X16 Gb) 3600-Sabrent Gen 4 500 Gb M.2-HP N550 1Tb M.2 -Asus Strix Gold 850watts -Phillips 328E1CA 4K 32 "-Windows 11 Pro.-Fractal Design Torrent Nano Dtx modded by Snef Computer design

Comment

I see you figured that out!

Nice work!
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Not a huge fan of orange but with the lights it looks great !
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Good job

Love the color and with the led's they look spectacular

Did you glue the led's in place?

Comment

Neat-O! great job
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Good info and nice work.
              Looks great
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Looks good, however i'm surprised you went with only 4 leds on the fan after going through all of the work.
                Corsair 800D
                2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
                  Looks good, however i'm surprised you went with only 4 leds on the fan after going through all of the work.
                  Interesting idea, not something I would think right away.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Your LED modded fan looks brighter than a factory one! Nice job!
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Nice, how did you rig up the LEDs? I tried before but found that mine were too dim.

Comment

very nice work, I though about doing that but wasn't to sure on how to go about it. did you just glue the LED to the chassis of the fan?
                        Orange GT Build
                        Orange V8 GT Build
                        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                          Good job

Love the color and with the led's they look spectacular

Did you glue the led's in place?
                          Yes I did. I don't want them to fall in the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                            Your LED modded fan looks brighter than a factory one! Nice job!
                            These leds are from Daz

Comment

And now , back in the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X