This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Post Images to the Forum

Hi everybody... been asked to make a little tutorial here, so all of us can enjoy sharing pron.

To begin with there are two main ways do this.

The Number One

First is my favorite way and the easiest IMO ....

www.photobucket.com

This is a FREE image hosting website.
    There are many like it but this is the one I've been using for years.
    Please recommend any other Hosting Sites that you guys like.

Step one: take some pics
    Step two: upload it to photobucket.
    Step three: find the IMG link and click on it to copy to clipboard.

Step four: simply paste that link in the text box...

Step five: Submit message and let us enjoy your new pron!!

The Number Two

This is a little more involved, but still effective
    It saves you the hassle of storing your files in the cloud.

just be advised, that there are more strict limits

Maximum Size 300KB
    Width 1024px
    Height 800px

only the following file extensions are permitted: .gif , .jpg, .png

see these buttons?
    they're helpful links to add stuff to your thread,
    hover over each to get descriptions.
    You can add Links, Email, Videos, and (woot woot) PICS!!

So, essentially, Dazmode.com is now hosting your pics.

Alternatively, you can add by link.
    I find this useful if I just want to re-publish some pic I've found on another site.

In this example, I was lazy and copied the "direct link" from Photobucket,
    but any URL that is associated with the .PNG .JPG .GIF or .JPEG extensions will work fine.

Don't be confused, when you upload directly from your PC you get a little different code in your text box.
    It looks like this:

Thats about it... If you guys think I missed anything or want more clarification, or something still doesn't work for you, comment below, or shoot me a PM.

SHIBBY

Last edited by bungwirez; 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Nice guide sir, but FYI the image URL thingy seems to have problems with Photobucket files. I've tried to use the direct Photobucket link to several pics in my noob thread, mainly so I wouldn't be wasting Daz' bandwidth, but it complains about "incorrect GIF format" when I try to link to .jpg pics on PB (my build pics on PB are public too). Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a glitch, but since I'm only copy/pasting links, I'm betting glitch. Either that or my camera creates JPEGs in an odd format.

Comment

I`d love to see that Easter Bunny pic !
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

@BART: uncheck the "retrieve and store locally" button... otherwise, paste IMG links.

Also, PB is in a new beta test of something or other, and what I noticed most, is that it no longer reduces image sizes automatically... can make for some larger than needed forum posts.

I'm looking at IMGUR now... brb
        Last edited by bungwirez; 12-07-2012, 11:20 PM.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Nice tutorial Bungwirez

I am hoping everyone gets a photobucket account and shares their geek pron
          and sets maximum photo width to 1024

I like when you scroll down any thread and all the pics appear instead of clicking thumbnails to load with smaller size pics

One way to get the pics from your megapixel camera to a useable size (my brothers technique)for web posting is email them to yourself and choose medium..will be 1024 width and will be a tiny file size(fast to load)

For a little better quality you can do it in windows Paint and hit the resize button
          then choose resize by pixel and choose 1024 for width

Even better quality than that is photoshop/lightroom but I wont get into that here

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post

@BART: uncheck the "retrieve and store locally" button... otherwise, paste IMG links.

Also, PB is in a new beta test of something or other, and what I noticed most, is that it no longer reduces image sizes automatically... can make for some larger than needed forum posts.

I'm looking at IMGUR now... brb
            Thanx, you made my evening !
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Who said the Easter Bunny isn't real??????????????????????
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Sure wasn`t me !

Comment

Hmm all I can say is "tap and die" has a whoooole new meaning now lol
                  Stubs

Comment

I almost didn't see the message with my name on it. I was staring at the easter eggs.

Comment

The bunny has some pretty big ears!! (not that I'm complaining!)
                      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Hi. What if my pics are too big. It won't allow me to post and not sure how to go about making the file size smaller or is there another way?
                        Thank you?

Comment

Open picture file, select picture hit right click, go to edit and on left side you have choice of percentage or pixel size. 3-4 meg size try 25 % percentage or pixel size try about 1/4 size, ie 3200 X 2400 > 800 X 600 then save hit exit on top left and box will show up with save changes hit that and you are done.

Comment

also file hosting sites like tinpic or photobucket have editors or auto downsize files as you upload them to be web friendly.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                              Open picture file, select picture hit right click, go to edit and on left side you have choice of percentage or pixel size. 3-4 meg size try 25 % percentage or pixel size try about 1/4 size, ie 3200 X 2400 > 800 X 600 then save hit exit on top left and box will show up with save changes hit that and you are done.
                              Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X