Help with darkside d5 barrel reservoir install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with darkside d5 barrel reservoir install

I bought a 310mm barrel darkside d5 pump reservoir combo from dazmode.com.

I'm not sure about the installation. It comes with two rings which I feel I could use without using the little black plate that came with it too.

Must I use that black plate as well or is it safe not t use it. The reason is I would need to drill a hole in the case for that plate.

See imgur links here

Reservoir install https://imgur.com/gallery/dMCvb

The rectangular plate is required as it holds most of the weight. Yes you can get away with only using 1 of the rings.
    Using just two rings with out the rectangular plate might be enough depending on tube runs to and from the res-pump combo.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

From item description:

This combo can be mounted on either with two plastic reservoir clips or with small body attachable aluminum mounting bracket, if you wish stealth style mount.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

The pump us underneath the reservoir therefore the pump is pulling water in right?

Other question. See picture here

How can I get the temps caught by that temp sensor cap on a display unit?

What display unit would you recommend? Easy to set up?

Comment

Gravity is what feeds the pump. There may be a small amount of draw from the pump but mostly it's gravity that feeds it.
          Plug your temp sensor into a fan controller or if you have a newer mother board it can plug into a temp sensor on the board.

The only other alternative is to get a temp sensor that comes with a display.
          Alpha Cool Temp Sensor
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
          X