Mayhem pastel unexpected behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayhem pastel unexpected behaviour

The pastel hasn't been in my system very long, but let it run for 3-4 days non-stop and it appears to have separated or something. Red haze on the inside of all of the tubing and instead of the really rich red has turned into a foggy pink as a result. If I pinch one of the remaining soft tubes it comes off and i can see the fluid more easily.

Does thins ring a bell for anyone?

Hard Tubing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pbX...ew?usp=sharing

Soft Tubing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CuP...ew?usp=sharing

Before now it has never been run more than 24h at a time.
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Dam that sucks
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I've heard of this before if the system was off for a while, which can cause separation. You don't have any filters in the system or anything like that, have you?
      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Mine turned out brown after 2 weeks, I had more luck with primochill than Mayhems

Comment

What tube are you using? Nano particles are white and it seem that they stuck on tube inner surface. Could be too low of the flow or rough surface acting as filter.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

The hardline is all petg i dont recall specifically what brand the soft tubing is.

Flow rate might be am issue due to the height difference but the 2 1080 rads are in parallel into the res. From the res up quite a bit into the 2xd5s pumps in series then to the CPU and back. I was going to pull the GPU last weekend and attach the block before i saw this.

No filters at all.

Im guessing a full cleaning and flush is my only option right now. Seems to come of somewhat easily since just pinching the soft tubing causes the clear spots show in the photo. I dont really want to tebend all that hardline.
            Corsair 800D
            Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
              The hardline is all petg i dont recall specifically what brand the soft tubing is.

Flow rate might be am issue due to the height difference but the 2 1080 rads are in parallel into the res. From the res up quite a bit into the 2xd5s pumps in series then to the CPU and back. I was going to pull the GPU last weekend and attach the block before i saw this.

No filters at all.

Im guessing a full cleaning and flush is my only option right now. Seems to come of somewhat easily since just pinching the soft tubing causes the clear spots show in the photo. I dont really want to tebend all that hardline.
              Did you run the blitz cleaner through your system like Meyhem suggests on their website? It basically cleans out all the crap from your loop and balanced the pH (which from what I hear is the main cause of it separating/sticking to things like you experienced). I've been running Meyhems pink pastel in my system for just under a year with the only issue being it separates if it hasn't been powered on for a while, but doesn't leave any residue and once it's run for a bit is back to normal. As a matter of fact, I just drained my loop to check everything and there isn't even staining on the blocks or tubing.

I tested the pH levels of the pastel with the tester strips provided in the blitz system and after just under a year it's still a perfect 7 (they recommend between 6-8).

Comment

I reached out to Mayhem directly and he does suspect it is a PH issue.

My typical flush is watered down vinegar chased by several litres of distilled water which hasn't been an issue with past fluids. He mentioned if I had used Bicarb I probably wouldn't have hit this issue. So on my way home I'll see if I can grab some PH test strips and confirm all of this, see how far out I actually am.

If the PH is out I'll order the actual blitz kit and some new bottles of concentrate and take a second stab at it. And finally put the water block on the 1080ti, time has been at a premium lately.
                Corsair 800D
                Software Developer

Comment

pH test strips of course were not going to work as expected on the mixed fluid itself but with the color in it but I tested the distilled water I used (still had some left) and it wasn't pH neutral, reading on the acidic side. Going to try the cleaning kit and do this over again.
                  Corsair 800D
                  Software Developer

Comment

Yet a lot more flushing and transparent fluids instead of pastels and have not had any issues with the replacement liquid itself (still mayhem). My problems were things more like taking everything apart and putting it back together I developed a leak or two and a lack of time to deal with it all.
                    Corsair 800D
                    Software Developer

Comment

Working...
                    X