X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scaccima
    replied
    Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    Don't listen to them, it is better to be safe and err in the overkill side.
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's good to know Daz has a bunch of thermal pads in stock and as you mentioned it's always good to have some lying around for those "just in case" situtations.

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Don't listen to them, it is better to be safe and err in the overkill side.

Leave a comment:

• scaccima
    replied
    Hey gdesmo,

The particular block I was looking at only comes with the 0.5mm thick pads. When they said it's okay if contact isn't made, that started me thinking about doubling up the pads to ensure contact which led to this thread.

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Do they not supply the two thicknesses, last Koolance 7970 block I installed had both to address that issue. Cheers Mario

Leave a comment:

• scaccima
    replied
    The question came to mind because I was looking at the installation instructions on EK's website for a GTX680 water block (EVGA GPU) and the instructions said to use the enclosed 0.5mm thermal pad on a particular area of the GPU. But due to the uneveness of the card, the block may not make full contact in that area. That's when I started thinking what would happen if the thermal pads were doubled up in that area to ensure full contact.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Yes, but not a huge amount. Single layer is always preferred. I have a lot if you want some !

Leave a comment:

• scaccima
    started a topic Thermal Pad Question...

Thermal Pad Question...

Hello all,

I have a question about thermal pads.

Is performance affected if two 0.5mm pads are used (one on top of the other) together instead of one 1.0mm pad?

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X