Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on fan/temperature sensor watching software for windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on fan/temperature sensor watching software for windows 10?

I've got a Gigabyte board (Z390 Auros Master) with that 'smart fan 5' stuff built in which means they really want you to use their System Information Viewer to manage this stuff but frankly its clunky and doesn't let you do stuff like tie various fan speeds to anything but the CPU or GPU built-in sensors, where as I've got a sensor in the loop to monitor the water's temperature and that's what I want to use to govern the rad fan & pump speeds. The in-bios version of Smart Fan 5 does let you do that so its good, but now I just need something that can also read that water sensor just so I can see what's going on.

I don't want to re-install the Gigabyte SIV because it takes over the settings I'd done in the bios
    I've tried Speedfan but it can't see any of the fan heads or temperature inputs coming from the motherboard.
    Open Hardware Monitor can't see anything on the Gigabyte board either.
    I also tried Argus Monitor but while it could see the motherboard stuff it also wanted to take over the fans and I couldn't find a way to plot-chart the temps, just a 'set desired temp and hope it does good'.

Any others out there? MSI Afterburner has been great to watch all the stats about the CPU & GPU but I haven't found a way to get it to see anything on the motherboard.

Er nevermind I different search for just monitoring rather then fan management led me to CPUID's tool and that seems to do what I want:
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Comment

Aida64 has a hardware monitor as well.

Comment

Working...
      X