Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What preforms better?

A 480 rad or two 240 rads in parallel.
    I'm been thinking about this for a bit and it makes sense to me that two 240's in parallel would perform better than a single 480.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

I'm not entirely sure. I would think both scenarios would have similar cooling surface area and the difference in cooling performance would be minimal, like in low single digit temps. Have you tried anything like this in the past?
    -dave

Comment

My guess would be that it will be the same. When I tested thick 360 vs less thick 420 I got identical numbers and owerall HxWxD for both radiators were almost the same. I.e. everything boils down to overall dissatipation surface.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I'm now thinking the 480 would perform better than two 240's in parallel.
        Because even though the flow through the 480 rad would be faster than the parallel rads, the temp coming in would be the same for both. So I don't think there would be a chance for the two 240's even with the slower flow to reduce the temperature enough to make up for the reduction that you would be get with the single 480.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Working...
        X