Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice please! Is this gunk worth taking the loops apart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please! Is this gunk worth taking the loops apart?

I just finished putting my hardline loop together and I've been running distilled water for the last day when I noticed this buildup in the GPU block.
    I'm assuming it is shavings from the tubing that somehow managed to escape my cleaning.
    Is this little bit worth taking the block apart and cleaning it out or can I leave it and hope it dissolves?

Normally it is a no brainer for me but putting this loop together is a real hassle so I'm trying to avoid a teardown if I can.

Personally I would take the time to take it apart and clean it. I'm in a similar boat and that's what I'm going to do. Ive spent so much time and money on it I might as well do it right the first time or it will drive me batty. Also if it is cuttings from the tubing I don't believe it would dissolve on its own. I also have a filter in all of my computers/loops for things just like that and it is surprising how much it catches.

Comment

Yea you're right.
      Glad I took your advice because turns out there was a heck of a lot more junk under the jet plate then what I saw before.
      This black gunk buildup, is it from the o-rings?
      The tubing is white and the fittings are white so I'm not sure what that is.

Also that filter you mentioned. I wanted the inline filter before but I wasn't sure how it would work with nano fluid. Would the nano particles build up on it over time?

Comment

Usually any black particles in my filter that Ive found is from o-rings.

As far as the nano fluid goes I can not comment on that as I honestly don't know how it would be with an inline filter.

What you could do if you are willing to spend a bit more time on a clean loop is do like someone suggested in a recent thread and build in the filter either just before the pump or just after the pump and run your leak test. Then after that a majority of the larger particles should be caught in the filter so drain the loop just enough to get the filter out and replace with tubing or the like. I run mostly clear fluids and only one machine that is using an EK solid fluid and that one doesn't have a filter on it, but its a very short loop so I'm not overly worried about it. I do have to make some changes on it so I'm planning to get a paint filter like what is used in autobody and drain the fluid through that to clean out any major bits if there are any before I refill the system again.

Comment

Working...
        X