Loop flush and possible coolant change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loop flush and possible coolant change

Going to be doing my yearly system tune up and was wondering what process everyone uses to flush their systems out? Any additional steps when you are changing coolant colors or types?

Should I bother with concentrates or just use distilled water and Daz mix?

Cheers

Chris
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

I've been using concentrates with no problems over the last year or so. I had been using solids in a couple rigs but after reading and seeing a few other users with clogged systems because the solid material 'fell out' for lack of better terms I have since replaced them with clear concentrate and some dye to make it interesting

When I have flushed though I hook up the pump to a external power source and after draining as much as I can, I fill it back up with distilled water, drain and fill again... repeating this till the loop runs clear with no particles or colour left in the loop. Then I drain as much of the water as possible and refill with what ever coolant I'm going to use. I also have one of my oldest builds that has been just over a year I think now and its running Daz's protector with a couple drops of Mayhems non staining dye and no problems with that one either. *knock on wood* lol

Comment

Working...
    X