Help Me Rebuild My Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Rebuild My Loop

So today when I was replacing my sound card I noticed some green coolant had started to leak from one of my rotary fittings. A quick swap later and I am back up and running. Then I stated to think that I have had that fitting for longer then my first born and some I have had longer than that without issues.

It occurred to me that it might be time to bite the bullet and get new fittings, then it occurred to me, maybe this is the time I give up on 1/2 ID tubing and go smaller, maybe I go with hard tubing.

So many thoughts and ideas, but I need your help to help sort out what will work the best.

Here is the loop as it has been since the first Daz modding contest.

The case is CaseLabs (RIP) M8 and I have two separate loops. The CPU loop is on the motherboard side and the GPU is on the PSU side. And the 2 pumps are in the front.

I would like to clean up the tubing and make use of some panel connections to clean up how the gpu connects to its Rad.

I will also be using a different CPU block when I do the re-model, it is a EK Strix X470 Monoblock

I will try and make a couple of epic MS Paint drawings later to try and rough out what I would like to do but in the mean time please feel free to comment with ideas.

Cheers,

Chris
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

As promised here are my amazing paint drawings of how I would like things to connect

Click image for larger version

Name:	Case-Front.png
Views:	61
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	87361
    I would like to have the line to the CPU run behind the res instead of infront of it. I would like to see the GPU line (green) go through a pass through and then through a 90 and go straight up to the rad, then on the way out, go through a 90, then another 90, down the along the motherboard tray to another pass through and then to the GPU.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mobo-Side.png
Views:	47
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	87362
    Let me know if those ideas make sense.

Cheers,

Chris
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

I don't see any problems, except of screwing fittings behind reservoir can be tricky. On other hand if you go with hard line, then you just push tube in, so not an issue.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
      X