Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inline filter, should it stay or should it go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline filter, should it stay or should it go?

After my Northern Grace build had the CPU block and GPU block both clog up with junk and eventually leaked, I've rebuilt it and opted for an inline filter.

Question is if I keep it there while running Ice Dragon Nano fluid will the nano particles clog up in it over time?

I like it there as a safeguard and don't mind the flow impact but how it deals with nano fluid is my concern.

I would not keep the filter in.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
      I would not keep the filter in.
      Thanks for the reply, I'll take the filter out.

Question though, my mayhems Ice Dragon premix is what I'm using and I'm trying to make it red with the Mayhems blood red dye, but after using 3 bottles of red dye the coolant is still only a dark pink! Is this normal or is my coolant behaving badly to something?

Comment

As far as I know and have read, using a filter with anything other than clear fluids is not recommended. I use filters in my riggs but I only keep the filters in there for a few days to a week or so. Just to get the main crap if any, out of the loop.

Over time if left in, even with clear fluids they tend to accumulate particles and clog up based on my own personal experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post
          As far as I know and have read, using a filter with anything other than clear fluids is not recommended. I use filters in my riggs but I only keep the filters in there for a few days to a week or so. Just to get the main crap if any, out of the loop.

Over time if left in, even with clear fluids they tend to accumulate particles and clog up based on my own personal experiences.

Yea good call, I did a dozen distilled water flushes over a week just to be extra careful since I had a clog and leak before, it was worth it!
          Each flush the filter caught so much gunk and now that I've thrown back in the nano fluid my temps came down from 55C GPU and 66C CPU to 45C CPU and 40C GPU.

Absolutely underrated step in water-cooling.
          Not leaving it in with nano fluid is also a great tip, even after a day I saw nano build up.

Comment

Nice Temps! Glad you got it running great!

Comment

Working...
            X