Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pump 'strength' vs loop size, does it matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump 'strength' vs loop size, does it matter?

Hello everyone, I'm mentally mapping out my next case and I've got a question about the qualities of the pump vs how much water is in your loop, and does that even really matter? Between say the D5 and the DDC is there any particular reason one would be favoured over the other if you have a larger then typical radiator setup for instance?

I've got my eyes on some 560mm rads (Black Ice Nemesis 560GTS), two of them plus a GPU and CPU in a single loop is the game plan,
    Estimating about ~1.5L of liquid without counting the reservoir.
    I also don't plan on running the pump very hard, just enough to keep the liquid moving at a reasonable rate, aiming for quiet over movement. (< 1500RPM)
    The rads will be mounted vertically so we're talking a ~60cm push being the tallest single climb the liquid has to travel via the pump's pressure.
    So far my gut is saying the DDC's higher pressure might be more suitable for this use-case? Or maybe I'm just over-thinking it? I just don't know.

Hence the question

Both these pumps types have lots of headroom for any loop you put in a computer case.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      Both these pumps types have lots of headroom for any loop you put in a computer case.
      That's what I was hoping to hear, thank you

Comment

Working...
      X