Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me out here before i lose my GD head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out here before i lose my GD head.

Gentlemen and or ladies...
    It's been a little bit!
    Way too much negative stuff happening right now so onto my actual problem.

New rig. That i well near ruined last week.

AMD r7 2700x and Asus TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Mobo.

Got 2 kits of 16-18-18-18-36 3200mhz 2x8 (so 8-8-8-8 = 32gb)

Never had so many issues with a system.

Ram is QVL. Which is bizzare Hynix chips.

Tried a combination of things loosening timings upping voltage.

All the usual stuff. This is my first ryzen build so i'm not familiar with everything.

So far i've only gotten a few minutes at 3200mhz with XMP and 1t 60ohm then a BSOD.
    Otherwise, runs at 3000mhz XMP @ 1.35v

I'm not about to download Thaiphoon burner, it seems his host was hijacked some months ago and the application crammed full of really nasty malware.
    I'm opened to any suggestions or tips.

Appreciate the help in advance and hope y'all are well and safe during this surreal time in history.

Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

You need a program called "DRAM Calculator for Ryzen"

Comment

Are you trying to overclock or just get the ram to run at XMP?

If just trying to run at XMP then first is to go down to 2 DIMMS and see if you can run XMP. Also make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Comment

Cyclops way ahead of you, tried all that stuff.

pmachado just trying to get the 3200 or more even if i have to overclock. Latest bios. It'll likely work with just two dimms but i absolutely want the 4 dimms in this one.
        Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
        Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

The reason to try 2 at a time is to see that they can in fact run at XMP.

Comment

pmachado Yes. Sorry if my comment was unclear. They do function at XMP with just 2 dimms. It would defeat the purpose of me having 4 dimms however. With covid no one is accepting returns.

Comment

I have personally found the memory controller on Zen to be a bit of a silicone lottery. I’m probably 2/5 of Ryzen 1000 series for being stable above the rated 2667Mhz and about 3/5 for 2000 series (it has a refreshed memory controller) above the rated 2933MHz speed of the controller.

Comment

OK yes was saying to try 2 to ensure its not a memory problem. As Zjr8 mentioned, Ryzen is particular with memory. It has gotten better with the current generation but definitely lots of growing pains. Have you tried upping the DRAM boot voltage to see if that helps?

Comment

I have. I tried all the tricks and stuff i've come across by googling. It runs at 3000 fine it seems but nothing else. Might just swap the mobo and even CPU later this year. Thanks gents.

Comment

Working...
                  X