Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump/Res Mount Help

Good day all,

I have been building computers since the 12Mhz (turbo) 286 days but I have never water cooled for various reasons.

In any case I am now preparing to water cool my first cpu/graphic card namely a 3050X and 2070 Super in my Lian Li 011-XL. All components are new.

I purchased a EK Quantum Kinetic 200 TBE D5 pump/res combo from Daz. However, in receiving the unit I now note that according to instructions it is supposed to be mounted to the case. I do not have the room and was hoping to mount it to the side radiator/fan using a bracket.

In viewing the brackets on Daz's site and in particular the Darkside brackets, they do not show the bolt pattern and I am not even certain that this is even an option.

Can anyone advise if a bracket is an option and if so, which one?

Also, I found a curiosity in the instructions from EK which state that the top ports are not intended to be used as inlet ports. My impression from Daz's review of this pump/res combo was that it could be used for this purpose and that in general he prefers to use a top inlet for intake. Any assistance on this would also be helpful.

Thanks.

There is Ek brackets, but not sure how they lined up with lianli
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

You can use ek uni bracket on either your fans or rads. Wont be abble to install your pump to them without it. I dont know if you can fit your pump on other brands tough. Just be sure to buy the D5 bracket and not the DDC.

Comment

Oh and if you have more than one port on top of your reservoir, you can and should use it as inlet as it prevent air to get into the pump in a better way than bottom port with anti-cyclone. Only reason not to use the top port as inlet is if you have only one which will be used as filling and if you have a reservoir with cascade effect like some of alphacool make.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          There is Ek brackets, but not sure how they lined up with lianli
          Are EK brackets available in store? If not any ideas of best source?

And, wouldn't a bracket for 120 not be case dependent but rather fit any 120? I was under the impression, and perhaps mistakenly so, that a D5 could be mounted on 120 brackets. If this is not an option then are there 3rd party options for mounting aside from EK?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
            You can use ek uni bracket on either your fans or rads. Wont be abble to install your pump to them without it. I dont know if you can fit your pump on other brands tough. Just be sure to buy the D5 bracket and not the DDC.
            Hello and thank you for your response. I take it then that this is what you are referencing?:

https://www.dazmode.com/shop/waterco...n-for-revo-d5/

Comment

Yup. Exactly. Fits any 120mm fan or 120, 240, 360 and 480mm radiators. I havent tried other brands yet simply for compatibilty matters. With this one you only have one option for installation. There is another one for 120mm that gives you two mounting options. It doesnt look as good though. EK just released a new one too to go with their newest pump/reservoir combo. Im pretty sure Daz will receive some eventually. Depending on the orientation you want to install your reservoir, ( vertically or horizontally) and the orientation of the fan/radiator, be sure to pick the right bracket. DazMode store vas them both and heures à picture of the other one.

Comment

Working...
              X