Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump Flow Rate

Good morning all,

I have a EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM in my recent build (570X Gigabyte Master). The pump, including the PWM function seems to be working ok. However, the pump does not appear in the BIOS or any other program. My understanding is that the connection to the 4 pin fan header is two wires. One wire for the PWM function and the other for the tach function.

The bottom line is that the tach function does not seem to be working. I have tried fan/pump headers 5 and 6 and again the PWM function works but the BIOS does not show any flow or RPM.

Anyone else experience this? Would it make a difference connecting to the CPU header?

Thanks.

Check your PWM connector for proper pin seating. If one of the pins isn't properly seated that could be the cause.
    If you're sure all pins are properly seated and making the connection then you probably have a faulty PCB on the pump that EK should cover replacement under warranty.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Also, any fan/pwm header can be used for your pump. You can try a different header to see if its the pump or motherboard header the issue. Keep in mind, on some motherboard, the aio or pump header will only run at 100%. So if you want to run your pump at a different speed, you might need to use a different header as well. Not every board will show the flow speed but it should show the pump rpm like it does for any fans. Gigabyte board have great specs but they are the worse for bios tweaking.

Comment

Thanks. This is an open loop and all headers are four pin PWM. Power is provided via molex so only two wires are connected to header, one for tach and one for PWM. Pump seems to be using proper duty cycle as I can confirm that PWM function is working based on the increase in turbulence in res as temps increase. This is also in conjunction with fans which are on same curve. I can also choose either flow or RPM for header in BIOS but either way it shows zero.

I will check to make sure that pins are seated properly but suspect bad tach/PCB connection.

Comment

Yeah definately looks that way. Ek have great support just like DazMode so you shouldnt have any problems replacing it if it doesnt work properly.

Comment

With the gigabytes I found you have use there SIV Program and it we’ll tell you the readings in it .

Comment

You mean in the OS or bios?

Comment

In the OS it’s there SIV program should allow you adjust the pump . But in there bios the pumps in the fan tuning section where you should also be able to adjust the pump

Comment

Your kinda hard to understand in what you are typing lol. Well, for me it's hard. Anyways, all brands have a control software in the OS. Some are easier to tweak with than others. For the bios, some are really messy and not so good to work with. Can you control your pump rpm in the OS at least since you could not in the bios?

Comment

Working...
                  X