Tubing for Feser Company compression fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubing for Feser Company compression fittings

This will be my first time building a open loop cooling system for my CPU. I decided to go with 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD fittings. I haven't bought anything for specific size fitting yet, but wanted to know which size tubing will work with the Feser Company compression fittings? The description said 3.18mm wall thickness for the tubing. EK brand looks like its 3.2mm so it should fit. Does it need to be something more than 3.0 so the fittings can compress the tubing slightly? Ultra clear would be 3.0 mm thick and I just wanted to make sure before I buy any specific size fittings and tubing.

So .02 of a mm is less than .001 of an inch.
    This falls well with in any soft tubing specification.
    Any 3/5" ID x 5/8" OD soft tubing will work with the Fesser fittings.
    I have used many different brands with mine.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I was hoping to get EK black matte tubing, but it's not in stock. I'll order what I can for now and maybe try to find some other alternative tubing that may be industrial enough.

Comment

EK 3/8 x 5/8 matte black tubing is not out of stock.

Comment

It was out of stock when I made my order so I ended up ordering from Amazon and should have the tubing this Thursday.

Comment

I tried some EKWB Black ZMT tubing and even some generic tubing but I can't seem to tighten the collar all the way down to the end. There is about a 1.2-2mm gap. Everything seems quite tight that it will not fall out of the place or when I pulled on it. I don't know if that will be case under more heat, but so far it seems fine in a running loop. I've also seen some pics of other people build and notice some also have a gap as if the collar is not tightened all the way down. Are there any specific pliers you guys use for tightening the collar. I only been using some pliers with a cloth or some tape, but hard to keep them in place as I turn from 2 pliers. My fingers and thumbs were hurting a few days after installing everything. I did put the tube in hot water to soften tubing when inserting the barb and dipping again in water to tighten the collar. Does anyone have any other tips?

Comment

You don't actually need to screw those collars down so there is no gap left. So long as the thread is fully engaged by a couple or more full turns and it snugs up you're good.

Comment

Working...
              X