AMD 5000 Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 5000 Journey

I'm finally moving away from my x299 7980xe system I have a Asus Dark Hero x570 board I'm one of many inline to wait to get a 5950x.

My main question is in the right setup for rads my case is the Corsair 1000D. I need to get the right 480 rads up top and 420 rads up front a good

I sold all my Intel based water-cooling with my build got a good price on this rig after i went and delidded it have it the LM treatment.

Parts I'm looking for are Full Copper 480 rads X2 Full Copper 420 X2 for the front. The best possible res/pump as this case is nothing short of a behemoth so I'll need a strong pump.

I won't be getting into water cooling the GPU yet as those don't exist outside Techtubers.
    So when the 4000x Nvidia GPUs drop or Radeon Navi 3 I might be able to get one.

This will be used to cool a 5950x when they become available to general public. I know it's super overkill but I'll add a GPU someday.

My shopping cart so far has these parts.

1. Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Performance 420mm radiator X2
    2.Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm Multi-Port Performance Radiator V.2 x2

3.HEATKILLER® Tube 200 D5 (Glass Reservoir with D5 Pump Mount) – with Multi-port top upgrade

4.HEATKILLER® IV PRO CPU BLOCK (AMD processor) BLACK COPPER
    Last edited by Shadowarez; 02-04-2021, 06:52 AM.

Don't loose hope ! This is coming from a guy who have a 5800X and a Rx6800XT. Those are truly amazing chips.

Comment

The GPU I have is being pushed hard 1070Ti. I only want this config as my case is not AIO friendly they don't make 480 aios and the 420 are too short to reach my cpu lol.

Comment

There are couple suggestions i have look at

Heatkiller New Internal Radiators. Coming soon. Sneak Peak pictures.
        https://www.overclock.net/threads/of...28648/page-258

Optimus is running blemish sale. I just picked up an blemish am4 xe-nickel (only want the xe-nickel cold plate) and will unloading it once i swap its coldplate with one i own). The fittings are great deal at 7.50usd. There blemish reservoir is on sale (40%) too.

Aquacomputer ultitube is an great deal if your looking for pump/res. Order together with fan controller and the next flow/temp sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Try2TopDat View Post
          Don't loose hope ! This is coming from a guy who have a 5800X and a Rx6800XT. Those are truly amazing chips.
          The 5950x is suffering massive delays. I ordered from b&h on launch date at 11:22pst and i am currently still backordered. I have an 5800x as temp cpu thats losing lot of resale value.

Comment

Working...
          X