Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to combine Daz's Protector and EK-Cryofuel Clear in same loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to combine Daz's Protector and EK-Cryofuel Clear in same loop?

I imagine they're chemically made up with the same ingredients as they both aim to do the same things. I ask because I'm just doing a water change on my system and have one bottle of EK Cryofuel Clear left over and a couple bottles of Daz Protector.

Neither of them specifically list their ingredients, they both have warnings about particular ones, but different on each.

I went for it any ways, nothing crazy happened when they were both in the same plastic bottle while I added the distilled water. See what happens I guess.

Comment

Fingers crossed.
      Keep us posted if something strange happens.
      You never know when mixing chemicals.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Well its been about two weeks and nothing obviously bad happening, cool.

I have noticed though that by using a much stronger ratio of about 1:4 instead my (bad) previous of ~1:12 the liquid isn't pulling and dumping heat as effectively as it was with the more water-centric ratio, but I'll take that over what was some serious visible algae growths happening in a particular sun-hit spot of the loop that were started to really impede the flow rates after a year of running with it.

Comment

Working...
        X