Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fitting reservoir for Darkside D5 pump top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting reservoir for Darkside D5 pump top?

So, i recently purchased a new pump and pump top combo, assuming that my current reservoir, one that came with the darkside watercooling starter kit, attached to a ddc pump, which has been a little weird (needs percussive maintenance to actually start spinning properly). I was proven wrong, so, i'm curious as to exactly what reservoirs would fit, preferably on this store, of course

What is the diameter of your D5 pump top?
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

DDC combo is 50mm, D5 combo is 65 mm
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Looks like the thread on the Darkside multiport reservoirs are female threads but the D5 top requires a male threaded tube like EK, only 65mm dia not the EK 60 mm dia.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          Looks like the thread on the Darkside multiport reservoirs are female threads but the D5 top requires a male threaded tube like EK, only 65mm dia not the EK 60 mm dia.
          ah, so dazmode doesn't sell the male threaded for the barrow pump tops he uses, i guess, eh? that kinda sucks, anywhere i could get it, like aliexpress, or something?

Comment

From what I understand those were a limited run. There was a res/top combo available when they first came out. Now they are all gone.
            Your only option is to use a double male extension fitting or two fittings and a piece of tube to join a res to the top.

Comment

i've found what appears to be a proper res to slap on up there on Barrow's aliexpress shop after about an hour of digging, male threads, 65 mm, the works, thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X