5V and 12V RGB Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5V and 12V RGB Controller

I have built countless systems in the past, but was never a fan of RGB lightning. With that said, I have an Asus motherboard with no onboard RGB. I want to sync and control the RGB lighting on fans, reservoir, and GPU block. Is this possible with the controller I listed, or can this even be done?

The controller: Deepcool RGB Convertor - Convert 3-pin (+5V) ARGB Fans to 4-pin (+12V) RGB Capable Motherboard

What I want to controll:

- 9X Thermaltake Pure12 ARGB SYNC Fans (5v)
    - 1X HEATKILLER® IV for RTX 2080 - ACRYL Ni-Bl RGB (non- ti) (12v)
    - 1X EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB - Acetal (12v)

Will this controller work, is there a better one, or just not possible?

Premise was dress up my old system, utilizing old existing PC and water cooling parts/components and materials I had laying around. This quickly snowballed into a money pit.

This is all in a heavily modded AZZA Genesis 9000B case. Unrecognizable as the original. All plastic in garbage. Still waiting on front and top panels from machine shop. I designed the top panel in Fusion360 and sent file to shop for machining. Using 5mm Lexan. In the conversion process, dimensions were messed up a bit. Panel was 10mm short, and 480 rad mounting holes were slightly out.
    For the second round, I will be using 6mm aluminum as I dont have anymore 5mm Lexan. Will make the case a bit heavier, but spent far more money on this project than I had intended. I had the sheet of aluminum already. I was going to use it for a scratch build uni-body PC case.

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated.

I got the farbwerk360 to control 9 x Lianli SL140.

Comment

The way I understand that converter to work, requires you have a 12V RGB connector on your motherboard.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Is it possible to control 12v and 5v with one controller?

Comment

The item posted above looks like it will do that but requires an RGB header on the motherboard.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Maybe this could work. ARGB and DRGB are the same 5v, are they not? So just your gfx card wouldn't be able to plug in. This kit has the separate remote to control the leds since your mobo doesn't have led connections.
            https://www.amazon.ca/Phanteks-PH-CT...07BT8JXSG?th=1
            Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
            EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I dont think either of the controllers above will work for what I need.

I need a single stand-alone controller that will control both 12v RGB and 5V ARGB/DRGB. Motherboards are able to do it, so there should be a controller out there that can. ................I would assume.

Comment

I think aquacomputer farbwerk 360 does both. The farbwerk360 controls led strips (which are 12v) and 5v fans. Just an pain to get as it has to be backordered from states (modmymods).

https://imgur.com/a/0bL0ilQ
                https://imgur.com/a/WXPMm30
                https://imgur.com/a/JL8c6Kp

Comment

Working...
                X