This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT IS DAZ'S BOTM & HOW TO PARTICIPATE

It was a while since we did BOTM at DazMode and I decided we do it again for 2019!

Here are simple rules:
    • Create a new Topic for your build.
    • To participate, you need to post a minimum of FIVE (5) images of your finished build.
    • Anybody can participate in sharing their work and love computer building and modding, i.e. worldwide, sponsored or not.
    • Posted builds may be eligible for end-of-the-year 3rd Annual Amateur Modding competition 2019.
    • Daz will be selecting the winning build unilaterally and will take all the flack, blame and hate from sore modders.
    • Purchasing parts from DazMode Store is not required to participate in BOTM.
    • Prize: Monthly Prize will be available for participants from Canada and USA only.
    • Dazmode reserves the right to extend the BOTM to the next month, if there is only 2 entries or less for the month.
    That easy. As our friend JP Modified says: Mod on!
    Last edited by Hooded; 05-12-2020, 10:17 PM.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

This is very cool Daz!
    Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Cool beans! thanks Daz!

BTW I loved the comment "Daz will be selecting the winning build unilaterally and will take all the flack, blame and hate from sore modders." funny but unfortunately true about some getting buthurt but hopefully it can be kept fun

Comment

Created BOTM decal

Click image for larger version

Name:	51059183_2145742438818457_858811696184033280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=c5c2f7750451b47d34cd23e7b31d816a&oe=5CFE039D.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	86290
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Nice
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Daz, can you please please please consider creating a pro and non-pro BOTM?
              Builds from people like TPBMods are unbeatable by anybody who doesn't have sponsorships and does PC building for a living.
              TPBMods alone has won nearly $1000 from the BOTM and almost all of those wins were against people who were making their first soft tube builds or amateur hardline builds! Which sems especially unfair considering $100 EK giftcard seems like better use to an amateur so they can continue building better rigs to maybe one day compete against people who have sponsorships.

There should be a category for Amateur BOTM and Pro BOTM. When you combine them it just stops people from wanting to join because they already know they will lose and let's face it, this isn't a situation where people should just be happy to have competed... people who compete want to know they at least have a little chance and that is the real joy, and it softens the feeling of losing because you know you can always try again. Not against a pro builder though... then those feelings are gone.
              Two of my friends who have very nice builds don't want to compete for that exact reason and they make incredible builds considering their budget.

Anyways, I'm not bringing it up because I am a sore loser or something, I just like to see fair competition for these people putting their first PC's in the race and get squashed by a pro builder. It's hard to watch...

Please consider it.

Comment

Hi Daz. I was wondering.. I know i have participated and won in February but what are the rules for the number of times someone can actually participate for the BOTM? I mean, it will still be a couple of months before i finish my next personal build but am i still eligible or should i avoid trying again with something new and better? I don't want to around greedy...

Comment

You can play every month.
                  If the build hasn't won yet, the build can be re-entered next month.
                  1 build per month.
                  Winning builds cannot re-enter.

I'm pretty sure this was how Daz had planned this competition to work.

Comment

Ok thank you. Good to know even though it wont be anytime soon, i will try my luck again if things go as planed with that build. Well, it wont go as planed seeing how many things went wrong with it already but i hope it will come out good enough to show it once it's finished.

Comment

I should also add any of these builds, winner or not can be used in the Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Isn't the Canadian Amateur Modding compétition for bigger mods than we usually see in the BOTM?

Comment

Never know what you'll see in the BOTM

Comment

could we get the May BOTM thread opened up please? i want to post my build before i head to work for 28 days.

Comment

Working...
                            X