First time watercooling ever with acrylic and distroplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time watercooling ever with acrylic and distroplate

I’ve been updating this PC part by part. I was coming from a 3770K and Corsair H100 AIO.

Finally took the plunge to custom watercool especially since the 8th gen Intel chips run hot even after delidding. Bending the acrylic wasn't too difficult, just had to be more patient to heat up the tubes over a large area. I found getting the right length of tubes were more troublesome and I had to redo the CPU lines.

The best tip I got was actually from my girlfriend who makes Jewelry. She suggested to use these blades, https://www.lacytools.ca/Swissmade-S...-p/49400-1.htm Size 3/0 (be sure to buy a couple since they snap if you’re forceful). You'll need to have the appropriate saw handle.

I'm waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to get a new video card, and of course, with a water block to add to the loop.

Watercool Parts
    CPU - EK Velocity RGB – Nickel + Acetal
    Distro - EK O11D Distro-Plate G1
    Rads - Corsair XR5 (Hardware Labs OEM)
    Fittings - Darkside
    Tubing - Bitspower Crystal Link
    Coolant - EK CryoFuel Solid Azure Blue

Computer Parts
    CPU - Intel 8086K; Overclocked to 5.1GHz on 1.29V
    Motherboard - Asus Maximus Hero X
    RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO, 3000MHz CL15
    Video Card - Asus GTX670 (Yeah… due for an upgrade)
    SSD - 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe
    Fans - PCCooler Corona/Moonlight
    Power Supply - Corsair HX750 (Will upgrade once I get a new video card)

Temps
    Idle - ~32C w/ 22C ambient; Water temp is 22C
    100% load - 70C (+48Δ 22C ambient); Water temp is 23C
    Last edited by urbanbuddha; 12-28-2019, 04:05 AM.

Looks Good
    Nicely done.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Very nice for your fist one. Gratz
      Ryzen 5800X WC-Asus ROG Crosshair Vlll Impact X570--TForce Extremm 32 Gb (2X16 Gb) 3600-Sabrent Gen 4 500 Gb M.2-HP N550 1Tb M.2 -Asus Strix Gold 850watts -Phillips 328E1CA 4K 32 "-Windows 11 Pro.-Fractal Design Torrent Nano Dtx modded by Snef Computer design

Comment

First build with acrylic? Those are some really nice bends! System looks great as a whole too!
        I remember my first acrylic tube venture was looked like a fire broke out and melted everything

Any plans to watercool the GPU as well?

Edit: Well I didn't read your specs before I asked about the GPU , yea don't watercool that and I'll rephrase my question: What is your next GPU going to be?

Comment

Looks good man!

Comment

Great build and masterful photography! Hard to believe it is the first foray in a custom loop. I like "proper" (IMHO) usage of RGB lighting to follow your design styling instead of the usual dumb rainbow wave. The build is a pleasure to look and exciting to display at home.

Your build in my choice for BOTM title for months of December. Thank you for sharing!
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
              Looks Good

Nicely done.

Originally posted by vieuxchnock View Post
              Originally posted by vieuxchnock View Post
              Thanks for the kind words

Comment

Originally posted by Torvich View Post
                First build with acrylic? Those are some really nice bends! System looks great as a whole too!
                I remember my first acrylic tube venture was looked like a fire broke out and melted everything

Any plans to watercool the GPU as well?

Edit: Well I didn't read your specs before I asked about the GPU , yea don't watercool that and I'll rephrase my question: What is your next GPU going to be?
                Sawing the acrylic tubes were a pain with the hacksaw I got from Home Depot. The finer saw blades for jewelry was much easier. I wish I could find a smaller miter block to hold tubes for straighter cuts.

The bends were all thanks to the mandrels. Since I never had experience, I went safe to use only 90deg bends. The distroplate made it really easy to plan and place.

As for GPU, I'm awaiting the specs for Cyberpunk 2077 to see if they require RTX or not. I'm looking at the 2070S as the 2080S and Ti are just absurd for its pricing (It'll cost roughly as much my current build)

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  Great build and masterful photography! Hard to believe it is the first foray in a custom loop. I like "proper" (IMHO) usage of RGB lighting to follow your design styling instead of the usual dumb rainbow wave. The build is a pleasure to look and exciting to display at home.

Your build in my choice for BOTM title for months of December. Thank you for sharing!
                  Thank you so much! I wanted to aim for the colour scheme of Cyberpunk 2077 so I kept with the Blues/Yellows

Also

Comment

Congrats!!

Myself and a few others predicted you'd win last week, it certainly has that wow factor and very clean routing

Comment

Working...
                    X