Gardevoir themed PC I call - Entry 282

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardevoir themed PC I call - Entry 282

Last month I had a very major leak forcing me to tear down the entire loop and start from scratch. Luckily, despite almost 300ml of coolant spilling onto the GPU while it was running, no components were killed other then the PWM function in the DDC pump... yes, the GPU took the hit and the spillage damaged the pump nearby, go figure

Onto the PC you see. In it are the same components that I managed to clean and save but an entirely different loop design. Because I didn't plan on building a new system for a few months, Christmas shopping and all , I had only what was in my box which is very little. You can see the build is a little scrappy but there wasn't much I could do about it with no different parts then what I had, but I did have plexi glass, paint, and some photo paper so I wanted to spice it up a bit since I had to rebuild anyways.

Instead of going crazy with RGB, tube runs or the latest sexy watercooling parts, I decided to try a little custom modding for the first time and make sort of one of those glass cases to showcase collectables with the spotlight on the item.

I have to admit it was a lot harder then I thought. Not having things like vinyl sheets made it very tricky but I eventually found a way around it. As you can see the few designs on there turned out fairly well for a first time.

Certain things did turn out better the expected like the plexi over the front rad on both the side and the top to hide cables as well as the plexi hiding the top rad, fans and the rear fan as well as the cables behind that. The curve on that cut also turned out better then I thought to match gardevoirs dress/skirt thing.

With the pump not working properly the system is not that usable without a replacement since it only runs at 500RPM but I did do my best to fill it and take pictures with it running.

All that said I believe it turned out pretty nice. It could be 100% better but again, this was just a little curiosity of the modding process thrown onto an unexpected situation in the form of a major leak and having to rebuild my PC. I still think it looks way better then the leaked build, Northern Grace.

I tend to build things with more of a design and story behind it instead of going all flash you can probably tell. Could've slapped RGB fans and LEDs everywhere but I prefer a subtle look focusing on the theme.
    That said a couple more well placed LEDs wouldn't have hurt but that's for next time!
    Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone!

Build Breakdown:
    CPU- Ryzen 5 2600X
    GPU- Vega 64 Ref
    Ram- 2x 8GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200Mhz CL 14-14-14-31
    Motherboard - Asrock Master SLI/AC X470

Storage- TeamGroup 256GB M.2 OS Drive
    - Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD Application/Steam Drive
    - Adata SU650 225GB SSD Bulk Storage

Watercool parts- Heatkiller Vega 64 Waterblock
    - Heatkiller DarkSide Special Edition CPU Waterblock
    - Bitspower White Acrylic Tubing
    - DarkSide M-F 90degree rotary fittings
    - DarkSide 10-12mm Hardtube Fittings
    - DarkSide 250mm Res
    - DarkSide Slim Radiators x2 (One crossflow, one regular pass)
    - (Now not functioning) EK DDC Elite Pump
    - Arctic P12 120mm fans x5

Coolant - Mayhems Pastel Green (But I prefer original Ice Dragon which never clogs for me and, after a year in my previous build and spilling onto the back of the GPU while running, did not become conductive! Only drawback is that apparently you cannot colour it with dyes, not sure why)
    Last edited by Torvich; 01-01-2020, 02:12 AM.

Sorry I attached the photos wrong before, I re-uploaded them here.

Comment

Nicely done with custom graphics on the backplate and radiator. Thank you for sharing!
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Luckily the GPU wasn't ruined. That backplate is fire!

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Nicely done with custom graphics on the backplate and radiator. Thank you for sharing!
          Appreciate it Daz, nice to see this month had no pro-builders taking in first

Urbanbuddha's build was what I would've picked too

Comment

Originally posted by urbanbuddha View Post
            Luckily the GPU wasn't ruined. That backplate is fire!
            You got that right, a $115 pump is one thing but a $400+ GPU would've been evil.
            Congrats on winning , if you end up watercooling the future GPU I can't wait to see how it looks!

Comment

Originally posted by Torvich View Post

You got that right, a $115 pump is one thing but a $400+ GPU would've been evil.
              Congrats on winning , if you end up watercooling the future GPU I can't wait to see how it looks!
              Thank you! I'll definitely water cool the GPU. I plan to have a vertical mount if things goes as plan. I don't know how it'll line up with the distro plate

Comment

Working...
              X