First *Full* Custom Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First *Full* Custom Loop

This is my first "full" custom loop, I effectively built this computer in two stages with the first part done last February in the Define R5 (one picture with the side panel off is included below). This year I budgeted to get a graphics card that would last me for a long enough period to justify waterblocking it, and wanted to do a better job with running my tubing compared to the original. Although, one advantage of how loose it was in my first stab, was that I was able to transfer the loop into the Define S2 without taking it apart while I waited for my GPU blocks and extra radiator.

Overall I am very pleased with the build, and I learned a lot in the process. I wanted to post it to this forum as Daz's videos helped me greatly in the research process. in fact his video on drains was released just before I bought my parts, so I am got a Bitspower liquid drain, as I like how compact it looks. To avoid the problem of misplacing my drain tube, I store it in my motherboard box, but at this point in time I don't have that may parts to lose track of.

My computer parts are as follows:

- Intel Core i5-8600K oc'ed to 4.9 GHz
    - EVGA Gaming XC 2080
    - Fractal Design S2
    - Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
    - Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 16GB 2133MHz (this was when RAM prices were really bad)
    - Corsair Force Series MP500 480GB M.2 NVMe
    - WD Black 4 TB SATA
    - Corsair 750 RMx with Cablemod kit (one day I may sleeve my own cables)
    - A few other older SSDs from my old build

The parts in my loop:

- EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel
    - EK-Vector RTX 2080 RGB – Nickel + Plexi with Blackplate
    - D5 BARREL 220 Reservoir-Top with D5 Vario
    - EK-CoolStream SE 360
    - EK-CoolStream SE 280
    - EK-CryoFuel Navy Blue
    - Gentle Typhoon 120 x3
    - XSPC 140 x2
    - Bitspower Liquid drain
    - Various fittings from EK (with one less 90 degree than I planned, I had to switch it elsewhere in my loop)

I recognize that the amount of cooling I have is a bit overkill for the parts I have, but when I ultimately tear it down, I would like to be able to split the parts between systems.

If you can't tell I am a fan of the colour blue. I don't have a name for this build but it is should be "something-something water-based pun".

Looks good.
    Nice setup
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Niceley Done!
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
      X