Amateur Mini ITX Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur Mini ITX Build

This is my first custom loop and I bought almost all the watercooling gear for this build off Dazmode. I don't have a lot of room for my build and I also needed to keep it silent so I decided to run a custom loop. I'm not a great photographer but I'll take a shot and attach some photos.

I'm really impressed with the Nouvolo Steck case and how much i was able to fit in such a small footprint. Working in a sandwich case is challenging though and I had to use a lot of 90 degree and 30 degree fittings to make it work. On the Apogee Drive CPU block, I had to use 90 degree fittings to barely fit under the case panel, and on the GPU block I had to change the stock ports to Barrow's aftermarket 90 degree rotary fittings. Using compression fittings on the EK-ZMT was really hard on the hands, but I love the matte black look and I know those tubes aren't coming out for anything.

Parts list:
    • Black Nouvolo Steck w/ 2x tophats and tempered glass side panels (had to take them off for pics - too reflective)
    • Asus B450-I Strix
    • Ryzen 7 3700x
    • RTX 2080TI w/ Barrow ARGB Waterblock
    • Corsair SF750 Platinum
    • 2x8gb G Skill Trident Z 3600C15 - deshrouded
    • Adata SX8200 1TB M.2 NVME
    • Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU Block & Pump Combo
    • Alphacool x-flow 240mm radiator on top - doubles as reservoir
    • Darkside x-flow 240mm radiator on bottom
    • EK-ZMT tubing with Barrow compression fittings
    • 4x Arctic P12 fans - bottom is pull/intake and top is push/exhaust
    • Filled with distilled water and Dazmode Protector
    I still have some plans to improve my loop once my hands aren't as sore:
    • Adding a T-Line: Bleeding the loop without a dedicated reservoir was a pain in the butt, I think I'm going to re-do the tubing runs to the CPU block to give it more slack so I can take it off the CPU without having to break down the whole loop and I'll also add a t-splitter adapter to run a t-line as a res and fill port in the future.
    • Upgrade to EK Varder RGB: Waiting for them to come back in stock! The Arctic P12 are OK and very quiet but I've had the EK RGB fans in mind since the beginning.

Nice job especially in an ITX case
    Ryzen 5800X WC-Asus ROG Crosshair Vlll Impact X570--TForce Extremm 32 Gb (2X16 Gb) 3600-Sabrent Gen 4 500 Gb M.2-HP N550 1Tb M.2 -Asus Strix Gold 850watts -Phillips 328E1CA 4K 32 "-Windows 11 Pro.-Fractal Design Torrent Nano Dtx modded by Snef Computer design

Comment

Originally posted by vieuxchnock View Post
      Nice job especially in an ITX case
      Thanks! The AMD build you posted looks pretty slick, great photos too

Comment

Nice job dude, I don't have the patience for builds like that anymore, LOL! Too many cheese-grated knuckles!

Comment

That is a nice and compact build.

Comment

Looks good dude I like the case and that you went into it with balls to achieve your goals.

Comment

Working...
            X