PC-O11 XL: Rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-O11 XL: Rebirth

After fighting the urge to upgrade for 5 years, I've finally given in. Pictured below is my last build, my 4th version of my Black&White builds, Black&White³.

The reason why this new build is called Rebirth is because aside from the Dynamic XL, and a few water cooling parts, all items were purchased second hand. Daz. you may recognize the two XSPC EX360 radiators as they were from your Silent Sniper build! It signifies "birthing" new life into all of these used parts, and also the rebirth to my builds. All of my builds thus far have been themed black and white, however this time I spilled some Blue Raspberry Koolaid over everything. First time doing hard tubing and I'm surprised that I didn't have to redo any bends, especially that GPU>CPU bend.

A big thanks to our fellow member Section31 for selling me the heart of this build.

Components:
    CPU: i9-7920x
    Motherboard: ASUS X299 APEX
    RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz C17
    GPU: EVGA 1080ti Founders
    SSD: ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 (4x Intel 760P 256GB VROC Raid 0)
    PSU: Dark Power Pro 11 1200W
    Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL
    Fans: 10x Noiseblocker eLoop B12-PS

Water Cooling:
    Res: HEATKILLER Tube 150 D5
    Pump: Aquacomputer D5 Next
    Radiators: 1x XSPC TX360, 2x XSPC EX360
    Monoblock: EK-FB ASUS ROG R6E (Nickel)
    GPU Block: EK-FC Titan X Pascal (Nickel)
    Flowmeter: Barrowch FBFT03
    Fittings: EKWB HDC 12mm
    Tubing: 12mm Bitspower Acrylic
    Coolant: EK Cryofuel Azure Blue

Last edited by xAznxStylezx; 10-30-2019, 12:01 AM.

Looks awesome man! Those multi-directional bends are a royal pain, at least for me. But they look great when done right. Nice job!

Comment

I have destroyed countless tubes trying to get one bent like you have going from the GPU to the CPU! Excellent work!

Comment

Thanks! After doing the easier bends first, I had a feel of where I had to mark using a dry-erase marker to get the bends where I needed them. Measured a bunch of times and then went for the bend and prayed.

Comment

Originally posted by xAznxStylezx View Post
          Thanks! After doing the easier bends first, I had a feel of where I had to mark using a dry-erase marker to get the bends where I needed them. Measured a bunch of times and then went for the bend and prayed.
          I just had a hard time with making bends so close together going different directions, heating for the next bend was always and still is a pain. It could be the order that I went in too, where I started at one end and kept going. I had thoughts that maybe starting in the middle or something might be better but not enough tubing to experiment with haha.

Comment

Congratulations! Your build is my pick for BOTM October!

Great work! My OCD doesn't even flinch. Great skill in both building and photography!

I like how Monoblock tubing was played, will take a note for myself.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks Daz! Took a while for me to find a loop order I liked especially since the monoblock needed the right port as the inlet. Threw out a couple of my original designs after I realized that haha.

Comment

Friendly reminder that your build could be eligible for our 3rd Annual Modding competition, but you have to enter formally and re-post few images.

A great pool of prizes and low crowded competition is almost guaranteed prize.

daz
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Great Build. Definitely should join the contest. I'm doing something similar to yours just slight differences. I wonder whats causing so low entries into this year contest.

Comment

Agreed! I keep coming back to this thread to stare at it. I have one of these cases 'in the mail', and this is a great build to spark the imagination regarding tube runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                      Agreed! I keep coming back to this thread to stare at it. I have one of these cases 'in the mail', and this is a great build to spark the imagination regarding tube runs.
                      I'm now debating going triple rad for mine but I better keep it to dual for now to get the rig done in time. I can always do that for when I do my GPU Upgrade next year.

Comment

I am really glad my spare parts I sold you were put in a good home. Well worth it sale.

Comment

Working...
                        X