Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift King by Seboo

DRIFT KING

Hey guys, my name is Sébastien and I'm from Québec (french guy, go easy on me on the english ). 27 years old, CAD draftsman for an aviation company. I began building PCs 2 years ago and loved it since. Loved it so much that I want to build as much PCs as I could in my free time.

When I joined the PC Modding Competition, I wanted to share my first watercooled build name Polar Panda:

But then, I thought I could build something better. So my Polar Panda will be pulled apart next week and I will make a new build named Drift King.
    Can anyone guess the car in the first picture I will be using as a guideline for my build? Hint: 2F2F.

Hardware
    Case: IN WIN 303 White
    Motherboard: MSI - Z270 GAMING PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel - Core i5-6600K
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
    PSU: NZXT HALE82 V2 550W

Watercooling
    Radiator Fans: 7x Bitfenix Spectre PRO White LED
    Radiators: 2x XSPC EX360 White
    CPU block: XSPC Raystorm PRO
    GPU block: EK-FC970 GTX WF3 with nickel backplate (for now)
    Pump-res combo: EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
    Tubing: Pyrex tubes 12mm
    Coolant: Thermaltake C1000 Opaque Coolant White (for now)
    Fittings: Bitspower Silver Shining 12mm

My goal for this build is to customize as much parts as I can, going from the case, RAM, custom acrylic motherboard tray, custom acrylic GPU backplate, etc. I have a lot of imagination going on with my theme, and I will try to make it as epic as I think of it. The parts list may change a bit during the process, adding some fan grills, new fittings and some custom parts.

To begin the project, I put my draft skills to work, modeling the IN WIN 303 and the parts going inside. During the next week, I will decide a few things about the color of the case and the waterloop. Here's a small screenshot of my first model of the 303, plain and not customized yet:

This model will evolve a lot through the next few week. It is a rough draft I made today, I'll add the waterloop, the fittings and the paint job I think of on the model this week. I predict that next Saturday it'll be final. Then early October, I'll begin customizing and building the rig. Follow the thread to see what's coming up!

Thanks to Dazmode for hosting the competition and thanks to all the judges and the sponsors.
    Good luck to all modders!

Ha ben un gars de Québec ! Bonne chance a toi. J'ai bien hâte de voir ton projet. A plus.

Comment

Right on. Look forward to seeing this

Comment

Great new entry! Welcome from fellow (former) aviation engineer.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          Ha ben un gars de Québec ! Bonne chance a toi. J'ai bien hâte de voir ton projet. A plus.
          On est 3

Comment

Welcome to the competition.
            It's really heating up now.
            Very nice build. Looks great.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome, et merci les boys du Québec!

The car I'll be using for my theme is the 1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, driven by Brian O'Conner in 2 Fast 2 Furious. There's a lot of details on that car that can go into a case mod.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Secret Revealed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	78677

Here's a quick update on my 3-D model. A lot of components were installed inside to give me an idea of what the waterloop will look like. Next, I'll simulate the paint and decals.

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	78675

Pump-reservoir-mounting bracket are not modeled yet.

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	78676

I like to be well prepared!

Comment

Nice work on your renders!
                Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Nice! can't wait to see the build

Comment

Comment avance ton projet? We want to see more pictures!

Comment

I didn't have much time to put on my rig this week, but I made a few things:
                      Completed the model, loop and parts list. Next step is to color everything inside and outside with decals, so I can have measures to make proper stencil on the IN WIN 303. Also order a bunch of stuff on Dazmode website.

Name:	Capture4.jpg
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	78692Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.jpg
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	78693Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture6.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	78694Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture7.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	78691

I want to show a better view of the bottom surface of the GPU waterblock, so I will flip the case 180° and the motherboard will become inverted. The case will now sit on the top panel, so new feet are needed (design in progress). Some mods will be necessary to cover the new ''top'' panel and make it pretty.

Some ideas went through my mind during the modeling, such as including PETG bent tubes, some other configuration of the loop, and also a vertical GPU bracket.

I've already made some bending with a heatgun (see the blue Bitfenix Shogun I made for a friend of mine), but I personally prefer the clean lines and look of the Pyrex-fittings duo. I want to keep a minimalist and consistent design.

Name:	20170326_213341(0).jpg
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	78695

For the vertical GPU bracket, I prefer not to include it. The bottom of the GPU waterblock will look good, and it leaves me room to work with for the top radiator. Also more room for tubing and fittings, which is good for the look. I could possibly change my mind during the build, but it would be easy to turn around, model a GPU bracket, print it on my Makerbot Replicator and install it. We'll see!

Comment

I disassembled my Polar Panda, cleaned everything inside and I'm now ready to drill, paint and mod the case.

House of Kolor Titanium Pearl paint incoming with blue decals. I can't wait to see the results.

Name:	20170925_164842.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	78696Click image for larger version

Name:	20170925_212554.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	78697Click image for larger version

Name:	20170925_212606.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	78698

Comment

Originally posted by Seboo View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5244[/ATTACH]\
                          Very nice white build, can't wait to see how you improve on it.
                          My Imgur

Comment

Nice work on that render man. cant wait to see it come to life.
                            Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

A lot of things have been going on lately, here's a little recap of where I am with the Drift King:

Drilled every rivet on the IN WIN 303, to reveal the horrible paint job I made. It was my first attempt for a pc case mod, and now I know I can do a lot better than that.

Name:	20171018_185917.jpg
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	78714

But before painting, I had to shot peen almost every parts in the microblaster, sand down some defects and then, apply the primer. Many hours of work, but it will worth it.

For the paint, I finally bought some automotive paint spray can at the specialized store of my hometown. The silver metallic is coded KL0 (Nissan Skyline 1992 Spark Silver Metallic). Looks awesome:

Name:	20171018_203227.jpg
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	78710

Name:	20171023_191441.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	78711

72h later, the paint is dry and it's time for some masking. I made the decals on the SolidWorks model, and then transferred it on the case.
                              The metallic blue is coded TV2 (Nissan Skyline 2000 Bayside Blue).

Name:	20171030_164138.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	78712

The hex shapes were a pain in the a** to work around, but it turned out great:

Name:	20171030_164229.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	78713

More pictures will be posted, as I painted almost everything that I had in the case, including EKWB stuff, the Raystorm PRO waterblock, rads, all the screws, etc.
                              Surprises are coming too, I don't want to reveal them too early!

Boy, I can't wait to remove the tape, polish every parts and reassemble the case...

Comment

Working...
                              X