X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking great so far.
    Loving the photobombs!
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

So, Im only doing full length GPU and 24 pin cables, the 8 pin EPS will be so hidden its not worth sleeving.
      Combs need to get hit with some paint, Black or grey?? My fingers are beyond bloody and sore!
      More cables still need to be made or sleeved.

Comment

Looking snappy like a silk suit!

Comment

I promised myself id try to make some headroom on this thing. Got the 8700k delidded, on LM and Cryo. Got all my fittings re-O-Ringed and got my passthru fittings all cinched up. The basement will be home to many angled fittings and softline tubing. Trying to passthru checkerplate aluminum is an absolute JOKE!

Comment

The reflection on the motherboard from the diamond plate is mesmerizing!

Comment

Love the diamond plating. Industrial AF!

Comment

So, today I bought some mesh... Diamond pattern! WTF!?!?
                Is this real life? Did Mr.PipeBomb just buy garbage cans from the dollar store? YES I DID

Comment

Mastermind! Haha that's some modding right there. Make anything on hand work!

Comment

Top panel airflow mod.

Comment

I know I told myself I would save that sweet sweet build pr0n for later...but somehow it slipped my mind to post some physical build and loop progress.
                      I know I showed off buying garbage cans, but never really showcased what my intentions were.
                      Outside using the mesh for some airflow mods, I used a piece wrapped around my res to add some industrial prowess.
                      I also forgot to post that I had painted my thermaltake fittings the same anthracite grey as other components. Also, Aluminum checkerplate on the upper radiator

Comment

Watching this build come together makes the song by Fear Factory - Demanufacture come to mind. Awesome work bud! Looks like its ready to forge steel with!

Comment

Finally installed all the mesh, had to come back and epoxy up a few rattly bits. now to stealth away the cables in the top. 6 fans, fan controller, internal LEDs are also wired uptop. I did however totally forget to take pictures of the lights I made...

NOW, Onto some real stuff... Started my day off with some loop cleaning and leak testing.

But thats not why youre following this build, you want to see the magic.

Bit more leak testing and De-Bubbling the loop before the next stages

Comment

Really nice and subtle details, like the chain at the bottom of the reservoir. It adds up very well to the concept.

Do you have a fancy/industrial idea of how you could mod the pump top/pump bracket?

Comment

Some dead sexiness on the shop floor right there! Hot diggity dog! That airflow mod man... looks straight machined, and I KNOW how damn difficult that must have been with the old wanderer craftsman saw!

i dont think anyone could pick out that as a hand modded section without being told or seeing the photos.

your attention to detail there makes so much difference in a finished product! You've got some legendary hand skill man and I'm glad you're mentoring me!

Comment

Originally posted by Seboo View Post
                                Really nice and subtle details, like the chain at the bottom of the reservoir. It adds up very well to the concept.

Do you have a fancy/industrial idea of how you could mod the pump top/pump bracket?
                                I dont plan on doing any modification to the housing or bracket, After the competition I plan on doing an inverted inwin 303 build, inspired by your work on Drift King and I will need to pull this system apart to do so. I unfortunately cant risk damaging anything I cant afford to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X