No announcement yet.

The Lightbringer by Kaidis a.k.a. partybrosdesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more shots of some accent painting after the base coats! I decided to add a gold stripe along the front, opposite the silver one matching up to itself on the opposite side of the front i/o! And some gold trim inside with the white interior!

Comment

Last but not least for the day!!! Reassembled after paint, and riser mod finished for the case top! Perfect space for the LED halo and radiator hidden underneath!

Simple mod with 2 extra riser screws, a washer, and a little plastic cuff to hide the risers! (ok simple enough but damn is it hard to find 8 riser screws that all happen to have the same thread size to fit into one another when you dont have matching sets.)

let me know what you guys think of my choice of colours for the two tone interior/exterior!

Comment

Have you ever looked at the Mercury S3/S5/S8 Mod where someone added an light bar (like the SMA8 Revision) with pass throughs to cover the open area between the motherboard tray and front flex bay. That would look nice.

Comment

I have, I'm probably going to partially shroud that area, and I've got a couple rigid blue nanoxia strips I may add under for a bit of an ambient glow, hidden under the cross brace

Comment

I also like one recent s8 build on caselabs forum on overclock.net It has lot of simple yet looks nice idea. I loved how they stuck the aquacomputer aquero 6lt in the hard disk chamber and how they did the tubing for it.

Comment

So I wanted to use a top mounted radiator, and caselabs no longer has their extended tops available, plus I wanted it to be more unique and "holy" looking almost. So I ordered some bendable aluminum channel and shrouding from LED world and cooked up this idea!

doing some fit testing for space to make sure I can still mount the top and fit everything underneath!

Comment

Some vinyl stencils cutout from sticker material. The lionhead Crest of the alliance from Warcraft, and dwarvish rune lettering to spell out "LIGHTBRINGER" done with Montana Gold - goldchrome paint.

wanted to make sure I didnt mess up the lettering so I made a legend to follow and lined everything up nice and straight to line up with the gold line on the front panel!

Comment

Aaaaand the finished piece after paint! This top panel is complete! Now onto fit and finish for the channel mounting!

Comment

Looking amazing man, keep upthe great work!!!

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

So I looked far and wide for brackets that would be the right size to mount the channels on, and found a perfect furniture brace for attaching cabinets to walls. (Or so I thought) turns out only one of them is gonna work, since I broke my dremel and dont have a drill bit hard enough to ream the holes. But! I found a better solution!

I split the channel into 3 pieces so they can be individually mounted and the front channel is sort of on a floating pivot for when I attach the shroud so it doesnt kink while bending. Gotta make a few holes in the top of the case but it's a much cleaner overall solution!

also some shots of the painting of the front flex bay! Also dual tone blue/white

more coming soon!

Comment

Wahooo! A delivery from the DazMode shop for most of my loop!! Pump, rads, CPU block, res and the flex bay all came at once! What a great day that was!

Installed some components for the loop and started planning some tubing in my head!

Comment

Looking good. Nice that you are keeping the caselab look as original as possible. One reason i liked the design, understated yet looks great and incredibly functional.

Comment

Thank you sir! I just love the way they look so much, and the way the horizontal motherboard mount is makes it super clean to build in. I'm adding a few of my own touches into the case, but I still want it to be identifiable as a CaseLabs s3

aaaand now for some more PC Pron! Well sort of hahaha... Artistic stuff today! Supplies and sculpting for my ssd bay cover, and some ornaments (in the next post)

Comment

Finishing up the crest and getting ready to bake and paint the polymer!

Acrylic paints.... Let's get 'Picasso'!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X