No announcement yet.

The Lightbringer by Kaidis a.k.a. partybrosdesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted in the color theme of the build, and to make it look like a proper fancy book, one might find on the shelf of the Highlord of the Silver Hand!

At least art school wasnt a total waste :p

Comment

And a couple of ornaments still in the works, a libram on a chain with a torch head crest on it, and an argent crusade crucifix banner

Comment

Great progress.

Looking good!
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks!

Back to a bit more assembly and some modding!

installed my drain valve at the lowest point of the loop with a darkside ball valve, TT 4 way splitter, and 2x swiftech male/male extensions, topped off with a TT 16mm fitting to go up to the GPU!

I hacked the corner off one of my LL series fans since i had a space issue getting the 90 degree fitting into place without cutting the fan corner off.

also finished mounting the halo! Got a bit of filing and manipulating to do to get them as straight as possible, cause they're a little bowed currently, but it should be easy enough to fix with some spacers, or if I make the front channel a little shorter.

Comment

Yay more modding! Delidding the i7 8086k, conformal coating the pins closest to the die, Liquid Metal TIM, and replacing the factory IHS with a RockitCool pure copper IHS.

Gonna be chilly under the heatkiller

Comment

Wooty woo! GPU block installation! So it was time to spend an afternoon with my mentor Mr. Pipebomb instructing me as I went to town carrying out ORDER:66, so I didnt wreck my $1500 GPU since it's the first time I've ever watercooled a video card!

Titan xP Jedi Order with a Heatkiller IV full nickel block and matching black backplate.

Another special thanks to Kevin for guiding me through this process, and being my hand model in the first photo :p

Comment

Beautiful GPU Block. I cant wait to see how the RTX blocks are in person. I'm waiting for them to be available for order as I got the 9/20 shipping date RTX2080TI.

Comment

Thanks I love everything heatkiller makes. It's so classy and heavy duty!

Time to put some components on the board!

2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz ddr4

1x 500gb Samsung 960 evo m.2 (another one going on the bottom of the board later)

1x i7 8086k delidded, with conductonaut, and relidded with a RockitCool pure copper IHS for lga 1151

and 1x Heatkiller IV CPU block for intel (the heatkiller nickel backplate is on there too, I just forgot to take a photo)

And there it is! Mounted and ALMOST READY FOR ready for TUUUUUUUBES!!

Comment

A few more shots of components installed!

Also my first ever cable extension turned out great! Looks incredible with the nanoxia combs exactly how I wanted it to turn out!

Another enormous thank you to Mr. Pipebomb for teaching me how to do this and making sure I dont blow up my rig :p without this guy teaching me to do this stuff myself i would be stuck buying premade cables... and that just wont do anymore

You da man Kevin!

Comment

Really nice build. I know the feeling of premade cables. Experimented with a lot of premade elcheapo extensions and paracord ones. The shipping for those cables was crazy expensive too (usd) .

Thankfully found beyondcustom in south africa who did the best cables at affordable price.

I was thinking about buying that ram for this build but the black one was much cheaper. The worse thing is this ram is micron/samsung e die. Very few of the led/rgb ram are samsung b die.
                      Last edited by section31; 09-10-2018, 12:18 AM.

Comment

According to what I found, this kit is a Samsung b die IC. I guess it's just hit or miss depending in the manufacture version.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post
                          Wooty woo! GPU block installation! So it was time to spend an afternoon with my mentor Mr. Pipebomb instructing me as I went to town carrying out ORDER:66, so I didnt wreck my $1500 GPU since it's the first time I've ever watercooled a video card!

Titan xP Jedi Order with a Heatkiller IV full nickel block and matching black backplate.

Another special thanks to Kevin for guiding me through this process, and being my hand model in the first photo :p
                          My first block was an MSI 980Ti Lightning. I don’t think I breathed for 20 minutes while I was doing it.

Comment

Nice Find. For my own build, I made mistake in buying DDR4 LED 3400 Samsung E Die and ended up having to get DDR4 4000 Gskill for B-Die. In total, before my build looks as it does; I went through Three Motherboards, Three CPUS, Two Kits of RAM, Three CPU Waterblocks, Two Cases, Additional Water Cooling Parts. I either sold the excess at discounted prices or ended up giving some of the items to friends for free.

Got to be careful when putting on your GPU waterblock. I did it for few GPUs succesfully till I tried it with an founder edition 1080TI. I didn't have right tool to take out the screw (needed socket screw and i only had wrenches) and in process damaged something that killed the GPU . Fortunately, Nvidia warranty was generous on the situation and I got an replacement.
                            Last edited by section31; 09-10-2018, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

My first block was an MSI 980Ti Lightning. I don’t think I breathed for 20 minutes while I was doing it.
                              I was thinking to myself the whole time "dont breathe, especially on the PCB... I might accidentally get spittle on it"

Comment

Originally posted by section31 View Post
                                Nice Find. For my own build, I made mistake in buying DDR4 LED 3400 Samsung E Die and ended up having to get DDR4 4000 Gskill for B-Die. In total, before my build looks as it does; I went through Three Motherboards, Three CPUS, Two Kits of RAM, Three CPU Waterblocks, Two Cases, Additional Water Cooling Parts. I either sold the excess at discounted prices or ended up giving some of the items to friends for free.
                                Hoooooly! Pretty much 3 full systems! Thats unlucky at least you've got it all set to build the way you want to now!

Comment

Working...
                                X