No announcement yet.

The Lightbringer by Kaidis a.k.a. partybrosdesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little hacksaw mod for the front i/o cover plate to delete the front USB 3.0. Fit in like a glove! Filed the corners to match the case and the edges flat, base coated it white, and overcoated it with the same blue as the case exterior!

Happy with the physical turnout but I'm not thrilled with the aesthetic it brings as a solid blue piece. Going to add some sort of detail to it so it's not an eyesore.

also swapped out the black caselabs power and reset button for some chrome ones. Power button has a blue led halo in it. Solid chrome is a placeholder for now, going to be replaced with the same style as the power button, just with a white LED for the hdd light.

Comment

Made a PSU shroud today! Hand measured and cut out of lexan plexiglass with a scoring tool and a hacksaw.

painted with montana gold goldchrome and overcoated with silverchrome spray cans, stencils made with vinyl sticker material!

dwarven runes in gold read "FOR THE LIGHT"

Comment

Nice job on keeping the psu chamber clean, especially the tubing. I had and still do have time keeping that psu chamber all clean and tiddy with both my S5 and S8. I originally wanted to do two radiator setup like yours or have one side and one front. However neither actually worked or required purchase of additional special fittings that made it not practical (after spending so much already on the machine).

Comment

Sweet bit of work.
          Build s really coming together
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Gracias so close now to having it up and running!

I'm getting more excited as the days go by, just waiting to order my last few components from the shop here on tuesday to mount my res, and a few fittings I forgot, along with some glass tubing for my experiment for the loop and a bit more sleeving. Who knows what else I'll think up by Tuesday heh

Comment

Too bad the heatkiller non RTX blocks doesn't have that included RGB strip. It would look really nice in your build (and fits the themes).

Comment

Drilled out the mounting holes and Got the shroud fitting finished, test mounted and threaded! Gonna make a top plate as well once I get my res mounted up front, with a few passthrough fittings for the loop to keep it tidy looking!

Comment

Looking Nice. Are you using mayhem glass tubing?

If so, tell me your experience using them. I bought some pre-bent one for my last build but haven't dared use after watching what is needed to cut them. Dremel and glass dust shards method does not sound particularly safe for the inexperienced. Really been thinking to use in a build.

Comment

Im not currently using mayhems, as I dont have my glass chosen yet, if I can find the right torch and gas supply I'm going to go one step further than borosilicate and attempt quartz.

To cut a borosilicate tube all you need is a fine pyramid file and a torch to flame polish the sharp end you just cut. Take the finest edge of the file and draw it ONCE and only once across the tube where you want it cut and then apply pressure to both sides like you're snapping it. They break cleanly most of the time, then you just need to either sand it or flame polish it smooth. Or both. Just avoid trying it with small sections. For that you have to cut them with a tool, otherwise they shatter when you try to snap them.

Comment

Little bit of progress today! Finished the rest of the cables and slapped them in! Still waiting on some fittings and picking some tubing to order, mulling over some ideas for how to run the loop and I think I've settled on 3 passthroughs! One from the front rad up to the bulkhead to the GPU, one from the res outlet to bulkhead to the CPU, and one more for the inlet up to the bulkhead, to the top port of the front rad since it's a crossflow. I think this allows me for the cleanest runs of tubing without obstructing any components. Its a tight fit to get this size res into such a small case with everything else I've got in it, but I'm determined to make it work and make it look beautiful!

Comment

Woo! Just placed the last order I should need through the shop here for the rest of my fittings, mounting for my reservoir, and some sleeving with a few combs. Should be here by the weekend for me to finish mounting and start the loop, I'm dying to have a working PC again so my fiance and I can game together!

Also did some more work towards the top shroud, waiting to mount the res to cut more of it to fit tight! Then I 'MAY' texture it with clay to resemble a stone floor in an old Chapel. Or I might just paint it to match the psu shroud. We shall see what looks the coolest and most fitting! Clay goes on top after all so I can always add it after paint.

couple photos of some work from this week! Top shroud and re set the GPU power to make space for the res and I think it looks nicer in front!

Comment

Nice work sir. I'm curious to see it lightened up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post
                            Im not currently using mayhems, as I dont have my glass chosen yet, if I can find the right torch and gas supply I'm going to go one step further than borosilicate and attempt quartz.

To cut a borosilicate tube all you need is a fine pyramid file and a torch to flame polish the sharp end you just cut. Take the finest edge of the file and draw it ONCE and only once across the tube where you want it cut and then apply pressure to both sides like you're snapping it. They break cleanly most of the time, then you just need to either sand it or flame polish it smooth. Or both. Just avoid trying it with small sections. For that you have to cut them with a tool, otherwise they shatter when you try to snap them.
                            Thanks. I will give it a shot when I have some time. Been too busy with other things in life at the moment, Have to ask what is your experience with those cable combs of yours. I am interested in giving them a try myself (never seen them before).
                            Last edited by section31; 09-21-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post
                              Woo! Just placed the last order I should need through the shop here for the rest of my fittings, mounting for my reservoir, and some sleeving with a few combs. Should be here by the weekend for me to finish mounting and start the loop, I'm dying to have a working PC again so my fiance and I can game together!

Also did some more work towards the top shroud, waiting to mount the res to cut more of it to fit tight! Then I 'MAY' texture it with clay to resemble a stone floor in an old Chapel. Or I might just paint it to match the psu shroud. We shall see what looks the coolest and most fitting! Clay goes on top after all so I can always add it after paint.

couple photos of some work from this week! Top shroud and re set the GPU power to make space for the res and I think it looks nicer in front!
                              How are you mounting your reservoir? With an Mercury Line, it would always look sweet mounting the reservoir horizontally (I always wanted to do so). Seen maybe only one or two build that did that it as it requires an custom plate and the extra work required in filling/draining the reservoir. Only reservoir that could really do it well is the frozenq 2016 limited edition rectangular reservoir/XSPC Glass reservoir (bad product quality control) as you can use any port as it filling port. Draining it would be pain nonetheless.

Almost all the mercury cases (S3,S5,S8) builds its mounted on top chamber (above the side mount/hard disk area) or is done through an fan mount/or using the fan screw holes on the front flexbay. Only major design fault of the case. Mounting the reservoir on the top chamber means i can't fit an 360 (S8) or 240 (S5) radiator on the gpu side.
                              Last edited by section31; 09-21-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by section31 View Post

How are you mounting your reservoir? With an Mercury Line, it would always look sweet mounting the reservoir horizontally (I always wanted to do so). Seen maybe only one or two build that did that it as it requires an custom plate and the extra work required in filling/draining the reservoir. Only reservoir that could really do it well is the frozenq 2016 limited edition rectangular reservoir/XSPC Glass reservoir (bad product quality control) as you can use any port as it filling port. Draining it would be pain nonetheless.

Almost all the mercury cases (S3,S5,S8) builds its mounted on top chamber (above the side mount/hard disk area) or is done through an fan mount/or using the fan screw holes on the front flexbay. Only major design fault of the case. Mounting the reservoir on the top chamber means i can't fit an 360 (S8) or 240 (S5) radiator on the gpu side.
                                Front mounting it vertically, space restricts me from doing almost anything else. Using the heatkiller mounts with a 140mm fan mount adapter kit. Was contemplating mounting it up top horizontally or in the back horizontally but I dont think I want to have my res over my components for my first hard tube loop. In the event something leaks the way I've got it, it will drain instead of pooling inside the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X