The Lightbringer by Kaidis a.k.a. partybrosdesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lightbringer by Kaidis a.k.a. partybrosdesign

Well hello hello!! My name is Leighton, otherwise known as partybrosdesign or Kaidis, and this will be the first ever competition I've entered!

I'm super excited to get more in depth with modding, and have been building PC's for more than half of my life! (About 16 years now) I've never previously done as much work or put as much effort forth, as I have put into this rig!

I wouldnt be here if not for random chance! I happened to meet an awesome guy who goes by the name Mr. Pipebomb, through a random sale of watercooling components on craigslist. That was just about 6 months ago, and well... here we are now, modding my own cases, delidding cpus, blocking gpus, sleeving cables, bending shrouds, mounting LEDs where they were never meant to go and pulling the trigger on my first ever hard tube loop!! I am eternally grateful to Kevin for helping me find my way back to what I'm passionate about doing.

The theme for the build is "The Lightbringer" an ode to my favorite character in the warcraft universe "Uther the Lightbringer" so I'm aiming for a regal armored aesthetic! I will be building in a Caselabs mercury s3 as a secondary ode to my favorite case manufacturer having fallen to the trade war this year.

I went all out since this will be my personal rig for the foreseeable future, and I wanted it to be as powerful as my budget would allow for!

So! Without further adieu... I present to you, the component list for my build!

Components:

Motherboard - ASUS Strix z370-i mITX

CPU - i7 8086k Delidded/Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut/Rockitcool Copper IHS

GPU - nVidia Titan xP Jedi order special edition

Memory - 16gb(2x8) Corsair Vengeance pro rgb 3200mhz ddr4

PSU - Corsair hx850i

Storage:

M.2 SSD - Samsung 970 evo 500gb (x2)

Cooling components:

CPU - Watercool Heatkiller IV nickel

GPU - Watercool Heatkiller IV nickel w/ Heatkiller IV backplate

Pump - Goulds water technologies Vario D5

Radiators - Front mounted NexXxos st45 280mm
    Top mounted NexXxos xt30 240mm slim

Reservoir - Watercool Heatkiller Tube150

Hardline Fittings - Thermaltake 16mm

Angled Fittings - Dazmode Darkside and EK 90 degree fittings

Drain Valve - Dazmode Darkside ball valve system

Misc fittings - Dazmode Darkside, swiftech male/male extensions, TT 4 way splitter, TT flow direction.

Tubing - Dazmode darkside (if I have time I'm going to attempt some borosilicate and if it works out I'll be using that but otherwise 100% PETG)

Cables:
    Custom made (my first ever set) and instructed by Mr. Pipebomb!(gotta give him credit for teaching me how to make them!)

Sleeving - Dazmode Darkside UV Blue, Titanium Grey, and Gold

Wire - 18awg

Connectors - Mainframe Customs and Dazmode

Pins - Mainframe Customs

Combs - Nanoxia CoolForce aluminum

ADDITIONAL ARTSY STUFFS!

custom made diffused LED channel set as a halo under the case top and custom mounted with riser screws and an aluminum channel for radiator clearance under the case top since caselabs no longer makes the extended tops, I made my own solution! LEDs are corsair strips.

Ssd bay cover, hand made and sculpted to resemble a Libram, from wire mesh and polymer clay, hand painted with acrylic paints. And some small Clay ornaments based on a paladin theme such as; scrolls, librams, and banners.

all exterior case detail paint work was done in vinyl as stencils, or taped off patterns. As well as lettering in golden dwarvish runes which say "Lightbringer" on the case top.

all the mod work is done by hand, with no large machinery. Biggest piece of equipment I use is my other computer to make vinyl patterns lol. The rest is hand drills, saws, files, knives, paint, and pliers... and occasionally bolt cutters....... (just kidding, they're just in a bunch of my pictures I've taken so far haha)

Want to give an enormous thank you to Dazmode and all of our competition sponsors, judges and competitors! You guys make doing this so much more fun. Whether I fall hard on my face or win a prize, I'm just happy to be a member of such an amazing community of enthusiastic and imaginative people!

Good luck everyone! MOD ON!!!!

Sounds like an awesome build
    Looking forward to seeing your work.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Welcome aboard. Always good to here about brothers helping brothers out!! Best of Luck Sir.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Bring er on! This is the 2nd build where I've been copper IHS's mentioned, and I had no idea they even existed.

Comment

Welcome aboard sir, mod on!

Comment

Good luck Leighton, kick Kevin's butt!

Comment

Thanks everyone I'm ready to rock! Finishing up the delid and relid today! I'm so stoked, I cant wait to see everyone's builds!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                Bring er on! This is the 2nd build where I've been copper IHS's mentioned, and I had no idea they even existed.
                The Rockitcool IHS is very slick! marginally increases the surface area to increase coldplate contact. Gamers Nexus shows a 3c to 5c drop in temps by simply swapping the IHS

Comment

Yall need to be very worried about this guy! The Lightbringer worries even me. Absolutely gorgeous build by an insanely talented dude.

Comment

Awww shucks, way to make a dude blush Kevin! Gracias amigo! Wouldnt be here without your instruction!

Comment

Updates updates! Here you see the Caselabs mercury s3 in its native habitat, torn down and ready for some modding and paint!

This is just the interior base coating. I'm going to go over it once more in white and then add some accents to it, the outside of the case will be a gorgeous royal blue with gold and silver accents.

more to come tomorrow!

Comment

whew! I thought I was gunna have to get after somebody to finally post some pron!

Keep at it Sir - all great mods start with a lot of rivets hitting the floor
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Let the pc pron flow! Heh I'll have another photo update this afternoon! Thank you for your encouragement!

Comment

Looking nice. I see lot of people bringing back there caselabs. Ive been thinking of how to expand my s8 to fit something like an mos rad/420mm rad. Maybe look into get some acrylic door with temper glass (i know some family friends whose made acrylic furniture for my parents place)

​​​​​

Comment

Another day! More updates! Some more paint coats finished and on to some accenting!

all the spray paint I'm using is Montana Gold and Montana Black I picked up from a local art store called Opus!

more incoming!

Comment

Working...
                              X