No announcement yet.

The Lightbringer by Kaidis a.k.a. partybrosdesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not using the caselabs buttons. I've swapped them for chrome ones. I just need the cable extension itself, not the actual buttons.

Comment

I ordered the one sold on the caselabs store. I was testing out new GPU i bought under air and it kind of bent the connector on the motherboard side (but still worked). Did not bother changing it as I did not have the tools to extract out the button. I assume that is what you are looking for. Can't take a picture as i am out on family emergency trip.
      Last edited by section31; 09-28-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

No, it's ok I know what I'm looking for, thanks anyway though.

Comment

Looking tight! Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
            Looking tight! Nice work.
            Thanks I've got some little touches in the works to finish things up, and a few spots to do little adjustments on like my side panel. One of the window screws juuuust barely hits the comb I have mounted on that support rail, so I have to file it down about halfway. Gonna adjust some of the lighting so the GPU side of the case isnt so dark and dismal because the heatkiller is such a beautiful piece it's a shame to have it in darkness in a build called the Lightbringer lol. So I cant leave that as is.

I am also really wanting to add something to the side panels so they dont feel so bare. I think a nice gold chrome, or silver chrome patterned border would give it that one little effect it needs to come together entirely.
            Last edited by Kaidis86; 10-05-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I just got something in that would match your build accessory wise. The ducky year of the dog keyboard, the blue zinc alloy top and those graphetti keycaps. Pictures do not do its justice.

Comment

Originally posted by section31 View Post
                I just got something in that would match your build accessory wise. The ducky year of the dog keyboard, the blue zinc alloy top and those graphetti keycaps. Pictures do not do its justice.
                Ducky makes awesome keyboards! I'm looking for a good board to go with the build so thank you for the recommendation!!

in the mean time, figured I'd drop a screenshot of some of the tinkering I've been doing on the system with the bios and seeing what kind of scores I can get out of benchmarks!

managed a 5.3ghz overclock across all 6 cores, and a cinebench r15 score of 1774!! Voltage ended up coming down substantially from the screenshot and stayed stable at 1.42v after discovering the AI suite was adding a bit extra unnecessary voltage. At 5.35ghz with the vrm frequency increased unfortunately the vrms thermal throttle at this point on the mITX board so that's where I'm saying my max is for this configuration!! I'm happy with those numbers and the way it performs, and in the future I'm considering swapping this chip onto a more overclocking friendly board and seeing what I can do with dry ice

Comment

Your welcome. Sorry for slow responses. Busy with work, trip planning and dealing with my own upgrades headaches. I was hoping to get my monitor, gpu upgrade done by now. However ran into doa rtx2080ti fe and delayed water blocks. Lot of testing to do before my upcoming trip.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Only thing to keep in mind for ducky of the dog, is price is on the high side. I had friend in states so i saved a lot. Without it, your easily looking at 350-400cad for the keyboard (214usd plus 30usd shipping and hst). Thats more than an topre rgb (my main keyboard).
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by section31; 10-19-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post

Ducky makes awesome keyboards! I'm looking for a good board to go with the build so thank you for the recommendation!!

in the mean time, figured I'd drop a screenshot of some of the tinkering I've been doing on the system with the bios and seeing what kind of scores I can get out of benchmarks!

managed a 5.3ghz overclock across all 6 cores, and a cinebench r15 score of 1774!! Voltage ended up coming down substantially from the screenshot and stayed stable at 1.42v after discovering the AI suite was adding a bit extra unnecessary voltage. At 5.35ghz with the vrm frequency increased unfortunately the vrms thermal throttle at this point on the mITX board so that's where I'm saying my max is for this configuration!! I'm happy with those numbers and the way it performs, and in the future I'm considering swapping this chip onto a more overclocking friendly board and seeing what I can do with dry ice
                    The YouTube tech guys battle for 3d mark crown with their crazy ice buckets, air conditioners inspired you to try right? How many intel 7980xe were damaged in process of there battles. Then der8auer destroyed them.

Comment

Nice work
                      Hugues P
                      nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by HuguesP View Post
                        Nice work
                        Gracias amigo! After a bit more tweaking I managed to take top spot on the 3dmark leaderboards for my specific configuration my foot is in the door now I'm gonna force myself the rest of the way through... hopefully in a mist of boiled off liquid nitrogen hahaha

still gonna aim for higher scores cause... why not right? Shoot for the stars! ..................If you miss one you're bound to hit a different one you weren't aiming at eventually lol my "modders motto"

Comment

Love the theme, and that the lightbringer is living up to the name. Colours are beautiful, I particularly like the modded top but you have plenty of artistic touches and little modding workarounds to problems you encountered along the way. Nice components as well, and I like that you are actually pushing the envelope.

Great build!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                            Love the theme, and that the lightbringer is living up to the name. Colours are beautiful, I particularly like the modded top but you have plenty of artistic touches and little modding workarounds to problems you encountered along the way. Nice components as well, and I like that you are actually pushing the envelope.

Great build!
                            Thanks! I'm super proud of this as my first ever real mod! I learned so much doing everything for the first time!

Just finishing the final touches of the build! Been incredibly busy over the past month with my wedding on November 9th! I'm officially married now! Just need to finish wiring these switches I've neglected forever haha.

I moved a light strip to illuminate the GPU side much better now, no more dark spots in a build titled the Lightbringer!!

didnt end up getting any photos done while my sister was in town, unfortunately she was too busy, so I'll have the final shots done this week and then it's on to the next mod!

Comment

Looks great.
                              Looking forward o final shots!
                              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                                Looks great.
                                Looking forward o final shots!
                                Thank you sir!

Here... we... go!!!!!!!!!! Final shots of

The Lightbringer!!!!

I'm extremely proud of all the work I put into this! And look forward to hearing everything the judges have to say!!!!

with my wedding taking a bit of priority over my modding time I left out some small ornaments as I felt they were a bit too much. Overall I'm thoroughly pleased with the final result!

without further adieu!!!!!

*edit*
                                *cough* I'm dumb and it was pointed out to me I forgot q piece of masking tape so I retook those photos withOUT the masking tape :p and replaced them Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	85177 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	85179 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	85199
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Kaidis86; 11-29-2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X