No announcement yet.

Housewarming PC (AKA EMMA FIRST PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added some final personal touches (after teaching my friends how to control the lighting,etc).

Comment

I was looking at heatkiller RTX heatkiller gpu block and i noticed the announcement of its PCI-Slot Pass. It gave me an idea to work with what I have around.
      I got an spare HWL GTS360, Spare Quick Disconnects, etc that did not fit my friends case (I was upgrading his water cooling system from aio). Could add an external radiator like how someone did it on an BH7 few years ago (using an custom aluminum piece). Maintains the case airflow but adds the cooling support for an watercooled GPU in the future.
      Last edited by section31; 09-13-2018, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Coming along nicely.
        Tight case for water cooling.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          Coming along nicely.
          Tight case for water cooling.
          There is room but requires lot of thinking and careful planning. Probably will think more about it later on. With unlimited budget and time, I'm certain could squeeze in lot more (look at singularity computer builds). I got some friends using water-cooled GPU's that are considering the new RTX lineup. Probably best way to get reliable parts with at affordable prices/trading.
          Also, I potentially have to order some parts from Aliexpress/US/Europe. Hoping to combine order with another friend in states that is looking into upgrading his existing rig to water cooled. I can get my friend to bring it up to Canada (hes working in states but his family all lives in Canada).

Also, I am starting my own upgrade soon plus other real life matters that require my attention. Just pre-ordered my heatkiller RTX2080TI blocks for my own rig and looking into an Mo-Ra setup using pcie slot bracket and quick disconnects. Its an fun challenge trying to cooling down an X299 CPU. My ultimate question is how more cooler will my CPU get and how much will that increased watts used by the new gpu will effect my current cooling. Anyone have any experience regarding that?
          Last edited by section31; 09-14-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Lets see what black friday holds but I m thinking of maybe getting an RTX2070 for this build, and watercool it with an external radiator setup (that appears integrated into the case). Can add some stuff making fun of Nvidia ray tracing feature.

Planning another custom waterloop build for my friends case now too.

Comment

Been so busy with things, further plans for this build have been delayed. Its busy to point eventhough my rtx2080ti coming in soon, i probably wont have time do install till end of November /december. Also have to help one of my friends in asia in making his pc into go full custom loop watercooling route (no hardware change planned). Expanding pc masterrace watercooling club hehe.

See what i can do for this build.

Comment

Good news is I managed to find an gtx1080 at the low price of 14cad. Basically an dead gtx 1080 from friend pc that he did not want and I rmaed it. Also got an ekwb for it thrown in but debating whether to use it as the culprit of the failure was either faulty pcb or was the waterblock itself. Not including I got to be creative to install another radiator somewhere in that case.

Bad news is I don't have the time going forward to put into planning expansion of the water setup. Life priorities changing and I have to finally finish my rig upgrade. Also the unfortunate owner of an mate 20pro with the dreaded lg green screen. Got to get that phone replaced but need to find an cheap backup phone while I wait for replacement.

Likely going with aircooling it since my friend doesn't really game anymore (neither do I) but who knows.

Comment

Section31, If you want to part with that ek block, let me know! Im always after more stuff, and i have experience in fixing acrylic
                  This is a very wicked little gift, and youre truly a rad friend for building it. I look forward to seeing the end results

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.PipeBomb View Post
                    Section31, If you want to part with that ek block, let me know! Im always after more stuff, and i have experience in fixing acrylic
                    This is a very wicked little gift, and youre truly a rad friend for building it. I look forward to seeing the end results
                    If you can use it, you can have the waterblock. High chance it will interfere with the case loop setup as it is. No time and free cash flow to make the additional setup work. The block acrylic looks fine, probably just an o-ring that needs replacing. I don't log on so often, but PM me and we can arrange shipping details.

Thanks Mr. Pipe Bomb. Probably this will be one of my last builds for next couple of years. One more last build at max. At least i went out with nice final builds.
                    Last edited by section31; 11-24-2018, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Nice clean build, great paint job! erm is that Sailor Moon! didn't know she still existed lol

Comment

Thanks. It was an option available 1-2month before caselabs shutdown, I was able to adjust my earlier order color choice. It doesn't look so nice since I put in the gtx1080. The tubing has to be more longer for everything to fit in. Tight Build and wont fit in an block for sure without modding.

On side note, the heatkiller rtx black nickel blocks look insanely nice though. I just installed them into my own system (lot of thermal pads). Two hours to install the block and only 1hour to install into system. Guess swapping motherboard and GPU in the future will be not too hard. Next edition to system will see the aquacomputer d5 next pump installed and the barrowsch flow meter removed.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by section31; 12-04-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

White looks really good on this model. Great build.
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                            White looks really good on this model. Great build.
                            Thanks daz for carrying so many parts. The parts you carried probably saved me a lot in cross borders fee over the years and for the various builds.

Its really sad no more caselabs, I just hope something of its calibur comes out when I do an new rig down the line. The costs of the new parts with less than 50% performance gains(7nm and 10nm looking the same) are just going up with no end in sight.

Comment

This turned out excellent my dude! #RIPCASELABS Im super happy to see 2 very strong and iconic cases in the competition

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.PipeBomb View Post
                                This turned out excellent my dude! #RIPCASELABS Im super happy to see 2 very strong and iconic cases in the competition
                                Technically, I could have entered my own caselabs case considering the amount of rework and component addition and swapping i have done in one year.

Comment

Working...
                                X