Housewarming PC (AKA EMMA FIRST PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housewarming PC (AKA EMMA FIRST PC)

This build was just going to be an simple build for my friend's housewarming/childs first pc (and involves my friends whole family actually building it). The highlight was the use of an Caselabs BH8 with an spare 7800X and X299 Motherboard I have. Changes occured and with caselabs closure this became more of a tribute build.

Case: Caselabs BH-8 All White (One of Last Orders To Come Out)
    CPU: I7-8700K
    Mobo: Asus Z370 Strix (wifi model)
    Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM (DDR4-3000)
    SSD: 250GB 960 Evo and 500GB Crucial M500
    GPU: GTX960 (from friends current pc) - In process of sourcing an GTX1060-1080 with waterblock (if can find at good price)
    PSU: EVGA G3 750Watt with spare custom sleeved cables (custom length - shorter)

Cooling:
    Radiator: HWL GTS240 (Second on needed if i get watercooled GPU)
    Reservoir: Heatkiller Tube 100
    CPU Block: Heatkiller IV Block
    GPU Block: To come
    Rad Fans: 2 EKWB Varder 1850rpm (spares from me), 2 Other Fans - ML120 White LED or Darkside GT2150 (Too many spare fans as i changed my rad fans to Noctua A12x25)
    Chasis Fans: 3 ML120 RGB with Corsair Commander
    Pump: Swiftech MCP50X
    Fittings: Barrows 3/8-5/8 White Fittings, Barrows 90s degree adapters White, Mayhem Clear Tubing, Barrows Quick Disconnect and Barrows Mini Valve.
    Solution: Mayhem UV Extreme White
    Other: Darkside Fan Splitters, Fans Extensions

This is more of a budget build as I am trying to reuse what extra parts I have from my own build. The cables wont match as they are leftover from my own build. 24PIN and 8PIN CPU are Cablemod Premium Purple and Grey, the 8pin GPU are old cablemod paracord Orange/Black. I recently got some MDPC-X Custom Sleeving made. I love the White Carbon and Vivid Violet Colors. Plan to make tubing cuts clean as possible. I regret going with the Corsair Commander, should have chosen the cheaper Lian Li Bora 120 RGB with its small controller. The GPU will depend on what happens with the used market based on Nvidia overstock of GTX1080TI and what trade I can work around (I am going from GTX1080TI with Heatkiller to RTX2080TI with Heatkiller). Pictures to come as build is built.
    Last edited by section31; 09-06-2018, 06:17 AM.

Good luck! Sounds like it should be nice! We've got a lot of heatkiller cpu blocks so far and I'm loving that! They're beautiful pieces!

cant wait to see how it turns out!

Comment

Sounds great.
      RIP Caselabs.

Your friends should love it.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Ya! Tribute build! Love it
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Speaking of Tribute Build, Been thinking of what I can do with mine. In one year of usage, already so much changes. Those old cablemods look really bad after getting MDPC-X.
          Last edited by section31; 09-07-2018, 03:25 AM.

Comment

I love caselabs glad I'm not the only one building in one of their offerings!! So many possibilities!

Comment

Totally, I love my caselabs too but I want more cooling. Thats what I get for using x299 platform. I have maxed out on radiator space and was already thinking about getting the s8 pedestal or sma8 revision. Ideal was S8 revision with temper glass,etc. Caselabs is gone though.

Comment

Just gotta hunt! I ALMOST got my hands on a magnum sth10 a few weeks ago but unfortunately someone else snaked it before I could make the pickup. They're few and far between but theres still a few bits and pieces out and about to pick up!

Comment

Keeping my eye out on affordable ones. Most of them out there are way overpriced (look at the ebay White S5 for $2,000 Cad thats not selling obviously) plus the shipping would be incredibly expensive to get to Canada or won't ship here. I thought about the SMA8 revision on bestcases.eu but the total cost is what my RTX2080TI will cost me.
                  Last edited by section31; 09-07-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Lot of progress today. Working build almost up (just doing the leak testing phase). I just got normal setting up of windows, fan settings,etc to do. I don't know how i will fit another 240rad and watercooled GPU short of replacing the corsair fans with LianLi Bora. However I will figure that out if i can get an watercooled GPU on the cheap.

Also something wrong with one of the RGB fans (no lights) - probably something with the rgb connector but only way to access is for me to drain the whole system then remove motherboard. Going to leave alone as not worth the effort.
                    Attached Files

Comment

More Pictures. Love the cabling (despite it being ugly in the lower chamber). Also, love caselabs for now having holes in the top radiator mount. Those holes aline with the PCIE bracket mounts. All White is such an perfect look plus combined with the Barrows White Fitting (forgot to order extension fittings in white from aliexpress)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by section31; 09-09-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Last Round of Pictures. Final working build just missing water cooled GPU and monitor upgrade. Monitor upgrade coming though as I am going to give my friend my LG 34uc88 (60mhz). Replacing it with an 34GK950F (144mhz) as my ultrawide developed 100+ dead pixels in the last year of usage. Ridiculous annoying but something like the RTX2080TI will be of actual use for.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I see you've got a gorgeous heatkiller tube in your build too looking snappy ! Love that clean white case!

Comment

The mounting solution is kind of ghetto. Its being held by industrial double sided velcro but it works the best in current situation. Any other mounting just wont fit or make tubing that much harder.

Comment

All finished up. Upload the pictures later tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X