Colourworks by Engelmods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by section31 View Post
    That's going to be expensive stuff. If the 27inch 4k 144mhz asus is 3000cad. What is the 32inch going to cost. The upcoming lg 32inch 4k hdr600 60mhz is so far behind (announced 2018,delay till 2019) and that carries near 2000cad price range

I am on fence for monitors too. Though I'm leaning towards lg 34gk950f, the reviews for the rtx2080ti are showing 35% jump at 3440x1440 resolutions. An 1080ti is good for 100fps max in some games and 50-60fps for intensive games at that resolution. That's pretty significant jump. Price will determine which path i go.
    At 4k, absolutely: The 2080Ti crushes the 1080Ti. But as I said, I run, and will for the near future run, a 1440p monitor for gaming. (Photography and design is a different story.)

The 34GK950F/G was interesting, but from my understanding, the G version (compatible with NVIDIA cards) is downclocked to 100Hz (due to the G-Sync module). While the panel is supposedly the UW5 (the AW and Acer use the UW4), I can't imagine it delivers meaningfully better contrast (ANSI, not static) or colour reproduction than the previous iteration. For that reason, I will not purchase.

LG has another panel debuted at CES 2018, though, that I will perhaps purchase: the 32UK950-W. 8-bit + A-FRC, 98% of DCI-P3, and HDR600, with what I suspect will be phenomenal colour reproduction. I will use that as a photography/design monitor.

Hopefully, by the time I'm ready to upgrade to the next generation of GPU, the panels currently in the works from AU Optronics will be available in consumer tech. At such point, larger panels with 120hz refresh and low input lag should be available.

Comment

Totally see your point. Auo i just hope their qc is good. The panel lottery is painful from what i read with their ips panels. The lg was only one that did not have many major issues with back light bleeding.

Finding an good high end monitors is not easy. Either too expensive or missing one thing thats important to you. Low end wise (sub 200), the choices are amazing though. I remember when that range was smaller screens ips or was tn panels with larger screens. Now e-ips is so damn cheap. I've been converting the monitors at my workplace to 27inch 1080p or 29inch lg ultrawide.

I did monitor and monitor exchanges many times once with dell due to back light bleeding. It was not fun experience.
      Last edited by section31; 09-25-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletsoldier View Post

At 4k, absolutely: The 2080Ti crushes the 1080Ti. But as I said, I run, and will for the near future run, a 1440p monitor for gaming. (Photography and design is a different story.)

The 34GK950F/G was interesting, but from my understanding, the G version (compatible with NVIDIA cards) is downclocked to 100Hz (due to the G-Sync module). While the panel is supposedly the UW5 (the AW and Acer use the UW4), I can't imagine it delivers meaningfully better contrast (ANSI, not static) or colour reproduction than the previous iteration. For that reason, I will not purchase.

LG has another panel debuted at CES 2018, though, that I will perhaps purchase: the 32UK950-W. 8-bit + A-FRC, 98% of DCI-P3, and HDR600, with what I suspect will be phenomenal colour reproduction. I will use that as a photography/design monitor.

Hopefully, by the time I'm ready to upgrade to the next generation of GPU, the panels currently in the works from AU Optronics will be available in consumer tech. At such point, larger panels with 120hz refresh and low input lag should be available.
        I wish reviewers would do more testing at the ultrawide level. Theres an actual performance difference between 1080p/1440p and there ultrawide counterparts. And then theres the odd 35/38inch panels resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by section31 View Post
          Totally see your point. Auo i just hope their qc is good. The panel lottery is painful from what i read with their ips panels. The lg was only one that did not have many major issues with back light bleeding.

Finding an good high end monitors is not easy. Either too expensive or missing one thing thats important to you. Low end wise (sub 200), the choices are amazing though. I remember when that range was smaller screens ips or was tn panels with larger screens. Now e-ips is so damn cheap. I've been converting the monitors at my workplace to 27inch 1080p or 29inch lg ultrawide.

I did monitor and monitor exchanges many times once with dell due to back light bleeding. It was not fun experience.
          The panel lottery is infuriating. Completely agree, there.

I purchased the AW3418DW and was immediately disappointed when the panel arrived: BLB, a power saving error, terrible contrast, and a yellow cast.

After a significant amount of research, I ended up purchasing the AOC Agon 35 and couldn't be happier. Perhaps my unit was the lucky VA panel, but I have no ghosting and excellent colour reproduction paired with the amazing contrast typical of VA panels. The bezels are a bit large, but other than that, it's the best monitor I've owned.

Comment

Build update #10:

My reservoir is finally back the from the engravers, and it looks fantastic! Here’s a couple shots of the reservoir and it’s placement in the case.

Comment

That reservoir looks like it's made by a renown cooling company. Great job!
              Did you design it? I may have a couple questions for you...

Comment

I did Shoot me a message!

Comment

Build update #11: I couldn’t sleep this morning, so I built out my drainage systems. I have two Darkside push valves to include after the ball joints (for redundancy and aesthetics), but I’ll need to cut away the case to accommodate them.

I also did something that looks (in my opinion) amazing, but I might save that reveal to the end.

Comment

A couple more shots of my drainage system on the other side.

Comment

Looking good! Gonna have some tight bends in there! Love it!

Comment

Hey Mulletsoldier. Been enjoying this great build. Regarding the "audience participation", I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that it would be better to comment when the build is complete so that the judges had a nice clean build log to view. But it is nice to get some feedback, Your reworking of the View 91 has been a pleasure to follow.
                        The SLOB : A 3570K Build
                        Down & Out : A 2600K Build
                        V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

I took the silence as an indication of my crappiness! Lol.

Comment

Those bends are tough. I encountered same issues before. Only way to do it nice is to bend the tubing. Sometimes soft tubing that part is reasonable too.

Comment

I’ve decided to mount the pump/res to the front rad. That frees up some room on the basement for plumbing. I ordered the mounts last night, so hopefully it’s shipped out today!

Comment

Nothing quite like ordering goodies for a build

Comment

Working...
                                X