Colourworks by Engelmods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build update #12:

Given that I decided to order additional mountings and fittings, I decided to fix something that has bothered me:
    the mounts for the front rad. They simply didn’t look good to me. So I decided to cut the last included fan bracket and adapt it for use in the front.

The first photo is their solution. The second is mine.

Comment

Hope the extra plumbing did not cost a lot. I spent a lot on extra bitspower adapters and fittings as the build went on. Did multiple orders, mostly from dazmode but some items from performance pcs as they have greater inventory selection. Limited purchase to what is needed only as performance pcs webfront store shipping and gst/pst adds up. (amazon store front much better- less selection but cheaper shipping and taxes included).

Learned my lesson and from now on friends builds buying barrows fittings fron modmymod or aliexpress. Barrows vs bitspower savings are huge.
      ​​
      On that topic, scary the amount of spare parts that can be built up. I literally have an rubbermaid box full of fans, darkside and other fan splitters and extensions (3 and 4pin). Gave some fans away already yet i still hold including darkside gt2150, noctua a12x25 and lianli bora rgb premium fans. I dont think i can use it in my lifetime.

Last edited by section31; 09-28-2018, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I ordered mostly DarkSide or Barrow! I have the standard multi link from Bitspower, but only because they’re the lowest profile and I like them the best.

Comment

Build update #12:

My fittings arrived on Friday and I utilized them in a substantial redesign. In order to clean up the basement, I reoriented the side-mounted radiator so the plumbing faces to the ceiling.

I also took an early day tomorrow to create my drainage systems for both loops and complete about 50% of the one loop. For the one loop, I routed the drainage system through the grommet hole to the rear of the case - a feature I haven’t seen on too many other builds.

Here is a photobomb of the progress.

Comment

And here’s a wide shot for perspective.

Comment

Build update #13:

I’ve nearly finished my CPU loop. I’ve decided to install an in-line temperature sensor because the 8700k’s wild temp fluctuations. I will post that photo once it’s done.

I’ve also ordered some tint film, as I’m tinting the tempered glass of the three side panels.

Comment

Here’s a sneak peek at my CPU loop. I played with the visual contrast between 90 degree bends (and a very industrial fittings look) for the bottom and then loops and curved bends on top.

My in-line temperature fitting comes in tomorrow - along with aluminum cable combs - so I should finish the GPU loop.

I have a VERY cool RGB part that I haven’t shown yet. So I am pumped to show that off. Took a bit of modding and hacking to pull off, but it looks great.

Comment

That's a lot of fittings!

Comment

Yep. That’s the look I was going for.

Comment

Build update # 14: CPU loop finished, GPU in and mounted vertically.

I spent most of yesterday cable routing the rear of my case, which given the amount of fan controllers, lighting nodes, etc., was a process. I also made some changes to my CPU loop.

Now I need to finish the GPU loop. I’ll have in-line temp sensors and filters for both loops, which is nice for peace of mind and monitoring.

I am also going to cut and machine a larger piece of aluminum to cover both the top and side rads. Makes the entire thing look cleaner.

Comment

Build update #15: GPU loop complete!

I got in the zone and crushed my GPU loop. Unfortunately, being in the zone one doesn’t necessarily focus on documentation.

At any rate, both loops are complete. I’m traveling from now until Sunday, so I cannot leak test until then.

The remaining agenda is set and this build is almost finished! I merely need to take care of tinting the panels, leak testing, machining a last piece of aluminum and Colourworks will live.

Comment

Looking nice. The tubing and the fittings just look perfect. Out of curiosity, how did you get them so perfect. I haven't been able to do perfect straight runs using the bitspower adapter fittings.

Comment

For example, in the rectangle that I created for the CPU loop?

I did two things, though I have no idea if these are unique. First, I put a substantial chamfer when I’m using 90 degree fittings. The chamfer gives you more “wiggle room,” so to speak, to modify the tube’s position in the fitting.

Second, I assembled the complete runs outside the case and used a carpenter’s square to check the angles. For that last run that moves from the CPU block to the in-line filter, I assembled it outside the case and then used rotary fittings to link the block and the reservoir.

Is that helpful?

Comment

That makes sense. Ive been doing it all wrong, Such an noob for first hardline build.

Comment

How do you like that inline filter? I bought one too (and a LOT heavier than it looks lol) and set up a simple loop just on my bench with just the pump, res, rad and filter to see if it would catch anything that I didn't from flushing my rad and it had been running for a couple days so I took it apart today and was surprised on how much crap was in the filter. I just about didn't get one but glad I did.
                                -dave

Comment

Working...
                                X