Colourworks by Engelmods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    In what context would you like to feature the light.
    I had hoped to fashion some jet engine nozzles at the back of my build, and buy a strip or two and use the RGB capability that I have (namely a free Aura 4 pin header on my X99-A II) to have them glow, and produce a hotter and brighter colour depending on CPU load, or temperature. I figured that if they went to the trouble to implement colour based on load or CPU temp that they would have more than 3 hard coded colours :/ Green doesn't work very well for jet exhaust, and while yellow or red might be ok, it's kinda boring to have just the two with no gradient in between.

At this point I may just try to hack the proprietary Dell lights on the case into some kind of running lights.

Comment

Loving the build man! It's really come together! Cant wait to see it rgb'd up and all glamorous! I'm borrowing my sisters camera this week while shes in town for my wedding to get some final photos of the lightbringer was hoping to finish a little shroud piece today but ended up having a dental emergency so tomorrow it is! Lol

I really like the tubing run in the front rad, I enjoy symmetrical and asymmetrical patterns a lot!

Originally posted by Grinder View Post

I had hoped to fashion some jet engine nozzles at the back of my build, and buy a strip or two and use the RGB capability that I have (namely a free Aura 4 pin header on my X99-A II) to have them glow, and produce a hotter and brighter colour depending on CPU load, or temperature. I figured that if they went to the trouble to implement colour based on load or CPU temp that they would have more than 3 hard coded colours :/ Green doesn't work very well for jet exhaust, and while yellow or red might be ok, it's kinda boring to have just the two with no gradient in between.

At this point I may just try to hack the proprietary Dell lights on the case into some kind of running lights.
      Been looking at red onyx acrylic sheets! They're great for backlighting and give off a cool fiery glow, could hide a ring of that in there with some white or yellow light behind it and it would look like fire! Especially with a 'marquee' style lighting profile.

Comment

Thanks for the idea, but I was really stuck on the whole colour ramp thing, the exhaust temp cycling through the spectrum with load. We'll see. Meanwhile I'll continue this in my own thread, with apologies to Mulletsoldier for the off topic stuff! I figured who better to ask about RGB than an aficionado!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
          Very nice! And as promised, not garish at all as many RGB implementations can be.

Do you know if it is possible with Aura to define the colours that it uses in Smart mode for CPU load, or temperature? I'd like to have the colours on my jet engine themed build ramp through a user defined spectrum to simulate jet exhaust temperature, but it looks look you can only use 3 discrete colours: green/yellow/red.
          Hi Grinder I just checked on 2 of my workstations with AURA installed and looks like you are stuck with the red/yellow/green, if you go with an aftermarket fan or light strip like NZXT or Corsair (Im saying these as a suggestion as I use them both on my workstations) then you could definitely set up the colours to however you like, what colours show at what specific temps and with the two I listed, do a pretty good job of graduating from one colour to the next and not a sudden switch of colour.

-dave

Comment

Well my oh my, this is coming along quite nice!

Comment

So, how's the glass etching? I can't wait to see the final result !

Comment

Ah what the hell. I thought I posted the etching. Almost done! I’ve been waiting from a laser from Russia to attach to my CNC.

Comment

Loving it.
                  Mor pics, please.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

impressive work !

Comment

• Need to solder a few things and then she’s ready for glamour shots!

Comment

• Last minute vinyl going up.

Comment

• Sure is neat! I wonder what the party in the back looks like. I'm thinking I have to get my hands on a engraver for next year now! sure makes a lot look good. Also I'm glad you changed your loops to go in and out of you back acrylic panel, that looks a lot cleaner and really cool idea.

Comment

• A little obnoxious, but the forum isn't letting me upload any media. Whether it's photo or video, regardless of the format or the size, I receive a "Your file is larger than 325kb" error. So I've uploaded a video to YouTube and linked it here, then also uploaded my final pictures to PixieSet.

Link is here:
                            https://kscottcreative.pixieset.com/g/colourworks/?pid=2467415322&id=3&h=Mzc5MjU3ODYy

Comment

• Here's another post with the link embedded. Click the “Colourworks” to view the whole album.
                              Last edited by Mulletsoldier; 12-04-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• If any admins are watching this thread, can I get some assistance? I've tried mobile and desktop, resizing the photos, saving them in different formats, etc. No matter what, I get this error saying my images are larger than 325kb. I receive this regardless of whether my images are 325kb.

Comment

Working...
                                X