No announcement yet.

Dr. Peltier recycling a hot Storage Server, time for a Brain Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy, got the case stripped n ready to plan it out/ start making cables, but I realized something. My good camera went up North to midland this weekend! So I don't have anyway to take mid build pictures, arg the hassles of documentation... oh what to do.

Comment

I’ve been using my phone for documentation, then I plan on using my D810 and strobes for a final build photoshoot. It’s like a behind-the-scenes documentary and then the final movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
        I’ve been using my phone for documentation, then I plan on using my D810 and strobes for a final build photoshoot. It’s like a behind-the-scenes documentary and then the final movie.
        unfortunately my S41 rear camera broke when I leaned against something hard.

But I dug out my old S60 n started taking some pictures.

Comment

So I was supposed to have all weekend to work on the build, but got called down south to London, Saturday night, what I all did get done however is a little of what was posted around noon, plus this small update from the afternoon.

Comment

I also had to make room for the 24pin and CPU power, that was actually pretty difficult even for a Dremel.
            The one last thing was to cut this extra bit off the HDD sled rail, to allow room for rad and fan.

Comment

and then finally today I installed the CPU block, than mobo back into case, also had to pick up some 15mm thick fans to fit into this tight space.

Comment

I like those sleeves! Nice rich colours! I just sleeved my first set of cables for my build. Was quite a lot of work, since my left hand is a little screwed up from a work accident.

what CPU block is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post
                  I like those sleeves! Nice rich colours! I just sleeved my first set of cables for my build. Was quite a lot of work, since my left hand is a little screwed up from a work accident.

what CPU block is that?
                  Which block, the xeon block is by Bitspower, and the two threadripper blocks sandwhiching my peltier plate are from EK
                  n thanx, I actually like sleeving , way easier this year, actually using 18awg now so it combs easier and pushes through the sleaves easier, last year I over engineered everything and went all 16awg.

Comment

been working here n there on the build, heres a rough quick update.

Comment

Green mobo looks cool.

Comment

Oddly enough this is the only last thing i have yet to do, im currently trying to build a cover out of black acrylic everythings working except the psu cables once installed i cant get at the clip to pull them back out

Comment

Clearly the Doctor has been hard at work this again! Another super COOL and crazy system!

Comment

Thanx Mr.Pipe, I sure do get at it hard when I get the time... been working lota late nights this past month, and in the process of finalizing a house sale, than soon movin.. So yea sure have been busy... Buh let me not fool ya been hard at it still.. bout to spam a few weeks in update...

Comment

So from last post I started tidying up the back, and added a sneak peak of a more recent encounter with experiments.

Comment

Did a few more free hand bends... I tell yea, making an oven outa a box is the way to go.. just like bending PVC conduit when I was a sparky.
                                The HDD sata cables took time, but I like it, can't not have a lot of storage in a Server Rig

Comment

Working...
                                X