Hello everyone!

Time for me to start my build log for the 2018 Modding Competition. A huge shoutout to all the modding community, the group of judges, the sponsors and Dazmode for hosting the competition.

History:

Like many of the last year competitors, back in January, I was already thinking about what I could build for this year's competition to blow the judge's minds. I went through a ton of concepts from January to July, and now I'm ready to start the project. I will reveal later on some of the concepts I had and that didn't make the cut to the final build.

Early 2018, my first desire was an acrylic distribution plate.
I saw some godly projects here and there on the web with some custom machined acrylic distribution plate. It gives a neat and unique look to a standard case and watercooling loop. So I tried to figure a way to incorporate one (or many) into my build.

Second, a custom case.
I wanted to think out-of-the-box. Putting everything inside a rectangular factory made box, I made it last year. I pushed it far, I could have done better for sure, but the box wouldn't be enough this time for my creativity and imagination. Going balls to the wall with a factory made case wasn't enough. So custom case it is.

And third, I wanted a design flow.
Something I would start with and keep my imagination around it.
It was actually the most difficult part of the conception. It doesn't come even if you want it really bad, so you have to be patient and wait for it. It happened mid-June, I was staring at my Solidworks model for the past 10 minutes, resolving my Rubik's cube... and bam. I'm holding it, my design. It's going to be a Rubik's cube mounted on its stand. Not the color-wise idea of the cube, but the shape and orientation.

So I was ready to model the case and the components inside the case. Stay tuned for some renders later this week.

It's time to tear down the Skyline build of last year's competition and take some accurate measurements. The margin of error is very slim, so everything needs to be precisely measured and re-measured before machining.

Here's the part list:

The countdown is started, let's do this!

MOD ON!