Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the modding spirit behind this!

Comment

• Thanks Mullersoldier! I think it is safe to say that modding spirit is something we all have in abundance. Face it, we would be doing this regardless of any contest. Hopefully showing our builds publicly will grow the community.

Comment

• And thank you too Mr Pipebomb. That is extremely high praise coming from another competitor! Good luck to you as well. There are so many quality builds with so many different strengths, this is a tough one to call. I think that we all win for having competed and created such awesome builds to enjoy. Now, um, when do we start the next one ?

Comment

• Red inner tubing really suits this build.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• I think so too. Dell really nailed the original colours of silver with black trim and red accents (not that they did much with the interior), so I tried to honour those. Plus I think the tubing and a few raw metal surfaces inside add to the cyberpunk jet engine vibe.. I am still trying to decide whether or not to put the red PSU extensions with cable combs back in. At first I thought that they made it too busy, but now I am second guessing my decision. I guess I will try them again when I go through the other cables with a fine tooth comb (pun intended) and see what they look like when I'm not exhausted lol.

Comment

• I think it could be too much, but better try and see. But it also crossed my mind that some extra red screws or other small red accent could be nice.
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• That is a good suggestion. I could also use RGB to add the accent as there are several on the mobo, plus I have two strips available from the hue+ if I only use 1 each in the exhaust nozzles. Haven't had time to mess around with it, but will experiment.

Comment

• In my rush to finish, I plugged the front lights into the Aura header upside down. That's what I get for improvising a connector. Good thing I stayed away from the 12V pin! I also had the outflow from the pump going to the out connector on the CPU block. Those are fixed, plus I finished flushing out all the remnants of red dye from a previous build. Also installed a drain valve at the bottom of the rear rad.

A couple of minor design decisions. I'm not going to use the red sleeved and combed PSU extensions, and also I used silver SATA cables that I thought would work, but I'm going black instead. I'll see how it all looks when I configure the HUE+ (one RGB channel with a strip in each exhaust, the other channel with two strips inside the case). Also need to tidy cables, probably installing a cable shield that I left out, and adding a shallow "basement" panel for cable management. Finally, I will be installing an m.2 drive in favour of the 850 EVO.

I probably won't get a chance to tidy this up until after xmas. Meanwhile it is my daily driver, and I have some gaming to catch up on!

Comment

Working...
                  X